Verizon store rep told me I had to be eligible for upgrade to get $650 promotion
FrankGehry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got back from the Verizon store. I have an iPhone 6, and my upgrade date is November 24. Because the promotion ends today, I thought I could go it, trade in my current phone, and get that $650 applied towards a new iPhone. The rep there told me I had to be eligible for an upgrade to take adavantage of the promotion. Then I got on here and saw it didn't quite go in that order (I need to buy the iPhone 7 first).

I'm really confused right now. Is there any way I can take advantage of this promotion even though my upgrade date is in ~2 months?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon store rep told me I had to be eligible for upgrade to get $650 promotion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FrankGehry, your upgrade date is right around the corner. I know that you want to be able to take advantage of this incentive for your new iPhone purchase. However, in order to participate you are required be upgrade eligible to trade in you phone. However, we always have different incentives going on. Feel free to sign up for our email updates to receive your accounts latest promotions available http://vz.to/1m2tKLh .

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon store rep told me I had to be eligible for upgrade to get $650 promotion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FrankGehry, your upgrade date is right around the corner. I know that you want to be able to take advantage of this incentive for your new iPhone purchase. However, in order to participate you are required be upgrade eligible to trade in you phone. However, we always have different incentives going on. Feel free to sign up for our email updates to receive your accounts latest promotions available http://vz.to/1m2tKLh .

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

FrankGehry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wouldn't it be logical to put that in the fine print of the promotion though? You can see this promotion plastered all over the VZW website including the fine print, but no where could I find where it said you had to be eligible for an upgrade.

Regardless, I appreciate your response.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

you can't get an upgrade until you're eligible. similer to any other promotion I've ever seen, if you're not eligible you dont get it.

0 Likes