Visual Voice Mail Stopped Working on iPhone 8 Plus
spiker_man

For a couple of weeks now I have not received any voice mail via Visual Voice Mail. Turns out my custom greeting is not working. My wife informed me that I have the generic Verizon message. I dialed *86 and my custom greeting is set up on the Verizon side. I also find out I have 29 messages sitting on the Verizon server. Can't get them to appear on the iPhone. On the iPhone I choose Custom, record a new message, save and then call my phone to see what happens. Instead of hearing my message I get the canned Verizon default message saying that I am being connected to a voice mail account. I've done a complete delete and restore on my iPhone completely twice now. DOn;t know what else to do. I really need to have my Visual Voice Mail working properly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voice Mail Stopped Working on iPhone 8 Plus
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee

spiker_man,

I know how important it is to have access to your voicemails because I rely on mine to keep me in touch with people when I miss their calls. Help is here to restore your access to them. What zip code is this happening in? We'd like to look for any service alerts. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when trying to access them? We ask this because your wife heard the default voicemail greeting, but you heard the custom when you dialed *86. Are you still able to play the voicemail messages already stored on your phone when you access the app? These details will help us work toward a quick and thorough solution to this problem.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes