Voicemail management.
TerryAustin

When people try to leave a message on my voicemail they are told that the voice mail box is full. I emptied the voice mail box on my phone but they are still getting this message. What do I need to do?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail management.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TerryAustin, we know the importance of having voicemail service so you can get a message when a call is missed. We are here to help you with your voicemail service. 

We understand that you stated your emptied your voicemail box, but have you also deleted Saved Messages too? We ask because Saved Messages count towards your total amount of voicemail room.

Also, since this issue started have you dialed *73 from your phone to ensure when you miss a call they are being directed correctly?

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
XENICSON

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/803066
Why is the above issue locked?  It is 2 years later and the iPhone voicemail limit is still 40.  What gives?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

XENICSON wrote:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/803066
Why is the above issue locked? It is 2 years later and the iPhone voicemail limit is still 40. What gives?

Perhaps, because Verizon Wireless hasn't changed the voicemail. And technically the voicemail on the iPhone is the Apple version and not the Verizon Wireless version. So really your issue is with Apple.

BTW, that thread was locked because it was two years old.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
XENICSON

It remained unlocked for nearly 3 years before the last post.  As a consumer, I don't really care where my voicemail lives, I pay for the phone and the service through Verizon, seems like they'd be a reasonable contact point to discuss this with. 
I did go over to Apple forums and found even less discussion over there than I did here.  I'm surprised that nearly 10 years after getting my first iPhone, every other limit has increased except for the number of voicemails I can save.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

XENICSON wrote:

It remained unlocked for nearly 3 years before the last post. As a consumer, I don't really care where my voicemail lives, I pay for the phone and the service through Verizon, seems like they'd be a reasonable contact point to discuss this with.
I did go over to Apple forums and found even less discussion over there than I did here. I'm surprised that nearly 10 years after getting my first iPhone, every other limit has increased except for the number of voicemails I can save.

There are a lot of discussions on this community forum. Periodically, the administration here goes through and locks old and outdated threads.

Whatever you might think, there is still the fact that the voicemail server for the iPhones are in Apple's possession and they have determined how much space is allocated for each active iPhone line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes