Why did my contact name in text Message get replaced by their phone number?
gmsojka

Some of my contact's names in text Message got replaced by their phone number. They are still in my Contacts, but when they text me all I see is their phone number and when I text them after I send the text the name goes to their phone number. This has only happened to some and not all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did my contact name in text Message get replaced by their phone number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gmsojka, this is very interesting behavior of the phone. Have you recently changed devices? Where are your contacts backed up?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gmsojka

The only thing that changed was I had two email accounts, one was GMail the other an Outlook account for work. I started a new job so I deleted my Outlook account and added my new work account which is another GMail account. I then synced my new GMail account with my contacts. My contacts are backed up on iCloud.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmsojka,

Thank you for the clarification. Have you checked your Gmail account to see if the contact is backed up as a number only rather than a name? Have you tried editing the contact info on the phone itself?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes