Re: Why does my phone hang up every 4 hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdunn75, we can relate to how important it is that your calls remain connected, especially now and we are here to assist. Does this only happy when you call in to the unemployment office?

When did the concern begin?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
VGlassley

Don’t know about this person but the only place I would wait that long on hold is for unemployment . I have been hung up on at exactly 3 hours the last 2 days, I was thinking it was a Washington state ESD problem, but maybe not. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VGlassley, we apologize for the issues you've experienced while you were on hold on a call. I've been in your shoes, so I know how painful automated systems can be. Were you placed on hold by a representative or by the automated system?  

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
kzittrouer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. I've been on hold with the unemployment office for the last 3  weeks in a row now. Every time I reach the 3 hour mark the call drops. This is incredibly frustrating as I have to call back and try again each time. The unemployment office is obviously bogged down, but I shouldn't also have to worry about Verizon dropping my call for no reason and making me start the process again. Please do something about this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with your call dropping, kzittrouer. That's certainly not the experience we want for you and we're happy to help. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? Are you using Wi-Fi Calling? Do you know if other nearby Verizon customers are experiencing the same thing? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
SassyLori

Our issue is the same, my husband is trying to get through to WA unemployment. 3 hour hold and phone cuts off. Also cuts off at 3 hour mark when he got through to someone to assist him, he was still cut off!!  Then he has to start all over again.

So frustrating!! What is the fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SassyLori, I totally understand how this can be alarming and frustrating. This does not make any sense. Does this only happen when he calls that number? Does the screen go black or does the call just drop?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
jdpataky

My phone hangs up after 3 hours of being on hold with CA's Bank of America unemployment department. They wrongfully withdrew $980 when they had sent me a notice the day prior saying they were going to deposit $980. I need this money to pay my Verizon phone bill that's due in a few days.

If I get dropped again it will have been 9 hours of being on hold without ever reaching someone that can address my problem. Is there anything in my account's settings that I can change to ensure that my phone calls will not be dropped? 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes