Why does verizon keep putting deleted phone numbers back on phone?
SunDevilR

I clear my Recents on my 6+.  And within a short time they are back.  The numbers date back to December 2014.  Apple says it isn't them.  They say it is Verizon putting the numbers back.  I do not care why.  I just want it to stop.  When I delete Recents I want the numbers permanently gone.  What can we do to get Verizon to stop putting the numbers back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does verizon keep putting deleted phone numbers back on phone?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Verizon Cloud, Verizon Backup Assistant, or any personal e-mail accounts set up? Those are the three sources which could be culprit here.

0 Likes
SunDevilR

Not to my knowledge.  I use iCloud exclusively, I think.  My email accounts are an iCloud domain and also gmail.  I am unaware of Verizon BU assistant?  Is there a way to tell if I have any of those features set up?  I see nothing under Settings on the phone.  And my iTunes list shows no Verizon apps

0 Likes
SunDevilR

They were coming form my iPad!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Was going to say if you have other iDevices that share the same iCloud it's possible that they are going back on due to that.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

No Verizon apps in your iTunes list suggests Verizon apps shouldn't be the problem here.

I'd agree with the others. Either this is coming from another device via iCloud, an iTunes sync (Wi-FI syncing can be culprit) or they have to be from another application such as Facebook on the phone.

0 Likes
SunDevilR

The same set of numbers listed under phone Recents appears on iPad facetime audio.  I cleared and disabled Facetime on iPad and they have not returned.  I cleared Recents on phone and likewise disabled Facetime on the phone.  The numbers have returned. 

With no Verizon apps, is there anything else to check there?  Without the Verizon apps, is the phone just that?  A phone?

I've seen Internet chatter related to this from other iPhone users, some of whom think it is somehow tied to iCloud.  But that is just arm waving.  Apple chat techs clueless.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as iCloud is not to blame, or any other app, then that's pretty much it. It's just a phone. Glad to hear the situation is improved.

0 Likes