Re: Why no Int'l service on iphone 4s after asking Ver'z to turn it on!!!!
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried calling Verizon for assistance? It would have to be from a different phone of course but if I'm not mistaken it would still be a free call. As mentioned, the departments that would be able to respond to your emails may have been closed over the weekend so that may be why you haven't heard back yet.

0 Likes
nigel

Their website, where I entered my plea three times said that I would get a reply within 24 hours. It said nothing about weekends. If they meant "24 hours except weekends" surely they ought to say so?

0 Likes
nigel

They told me that the phone could work in France and that it is configured so that it will work in France, both live at their store and on the phone. If they make a promise, how can one check other than flying over here and being dumped? I have sent three e-mails to their support system, which promises a response within 24 hours. If I call using the hotel phone, will they guarantee that they will pay? So far, they have broken every promise that they have made. Who would anyone be crazy enough to believe them?

0 Likes
nigel

It has now been six days since I contacted Verizon asking for service. I have sent them six e-mal requests, all asking for the same thing.  I got an e-mail on the fourth day asking for my sim card number, which I provided immediately. Since then, there has again been total silence.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I don't know what else to tell you to do, except maybe use a calling card to call from the hotel if getting in touch with a live person is what you want to do and you don't want to risk being charged by the hotel for the call. The emails go through a system so unfortunately you will not normally get immediate or even speedy responses. It does not guarantee that you will receive a response within 24 hrs but it is the intended goal. Unfortunately, if there is a back-up in the system of emails from other customers with issues then there may be a delay. Email is not the way to get immediate assistance if you need it quickly. I don't work for VZW so I can't guarantee you that the call won't be charged. But honestly, you might need to take that risk if you need to get your device up and running now rather than waiting for email responses. You can always ask to be credited on your account for the charges if the  call is supposed to be free yet you are charged for them. If you still don't want to call then you might need to consider providing additional contact info (the number of the hotel you are staying in and how to reach you and try to give timeframes you will be in the room) and let them know that you have no other method of communication. Also, you can ask if calling the number provided from where you are at will be for free or if they allow customers to make collect calls to them for assistance (some companies do allow this). Eiher way, good luck with whatever you choose.

0 Likes