Why parental control for iPhone 5s doesn't work? It says the contents not available.
Louis2arpel

I bought iPhone 5s for my son and I tried to do parental control on his phone on online.

It says that contents not available.

Can't select the parental control options.

What do I do????

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why parental control for iPhone 5s doesn't work? It says the contents not available.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll be happy to help you with your son's phone Louis. What types of controls are you trying to setup? Content filtering is not available on the iPhone. Make sure when logging online, to choose Manage Verizon Family Safeguards & Controls. You'll have a list of all types of blocks/controls there.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why parental control for iPhone 5s doesn't work? It says the contents not available.
Poovermud

My13yo daughter just bought herself an upgrade to an iPhone 5s connected to my account, her first smart phone. I had no idea that the Verizon parental controls features, which I have used successfully on her previous phone, would not include content filtering for the iPhone. Why is this?. Chalk me up as another parent who finds this very strange and troubling (and wondering why, as other threads have indicated, AT&T is able to offer content filtering for the iPhone). Verizon, please help us to keep our kids safe and not exposed to content beyond their years. Add the content filter capability for the iPhone ASAP. Short of constantly monitoring her iPhone usage, every minute of every day that she has it in her hand, I see no way to keep her from accessing sites inappropriate for her age, should she be inclined to do so. I too have good lines of communication with my child but am fully aware that that doesn't cover every base.

0 Likes
snyoung
Enthusiast - Level 2

More than a year later and the feature is still not available? Why?

0 Likes