I cannot get my ring back tones to work on why new I phone 6 - HELP

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I canot get my ringback tones to work on my new i phone 6
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The above is a correct answer to this. If Advanced Calling / Voice over LTE / VoLTE is enabled, the Ringback tone feature will be removed from that line. Verizon will have to disable this feature on your line to restore ringback tones.

Do note a few things by disabling Advanced Calling:

1: If your phone is placing calls over LTE, removing Advanced Calling will reduce call quality, sometimes drastically.

2: If your phone is placing calls over LTE, you will no longer be able to use data and voice at the same time unless you are on Wi-Fi. MMS messages will not be able to be sent or received while on a call until your call is disconnected.

3: As Verizon retires 3G spectrum, and refarms it into LTE, calls not placed over LTE with Advanced Calling may start to experience degraded quality. Some people have experienced better service by having Advanced Calling enabled, as busier areas may have overloaded 3G networks, whereas LTE offers much more capacity.

On the flip side, if you commonly drop calls, removing Advanced Calling may resolve this issue, as all calls will go over the legacy 1X network. You'll also get your Ringback tones back in addition to a couple other features which are not yet available on Advanced Calling.

View solution in original post

BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

Make sure you don't have Advance calling 1.0 its not compatible with ringbacks

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The above is a correct answer to this. If Advanced Calling / Voice over LTE / VoLTE is enabled, the Ringback tone feature will be removed from that line. Verizon will have to disable this feature on your line to restore ringback tones.

Do note a few things by disabling Advanced Calling:

1: If your phone is placing calls over LTE, removing Advanced Calling will reduce call quality, sometimes drastically.

2: If your phone is placing calls over LTE, you will no longer be able to use data and voice at the same time unless you are on Wi-Fi. MMS messages will not be able to be sent or received while on a call until your call is disconnected.

3: As Verizon retires 3G spectrum, and refarms it into LTE, calls not placed over LTE with Advanced Calling may start to experience degraded quality. Some people have experienced better service by having Advanced Calling enabled, as busier areas may have overloaded 3G networks, whereas LTE offers much more capacity.

On the flip side, if you commonly drop calls, removing Advanced Calling may resolve this issue, as all calls will go over the legacy 1X network. You'll also get your Ringback tones back in addition to a couple other features which are not yet available on Advanced Calling.