Why won't texts come through while I'm talking on the phone?
meledw

Texts used to come through while I was talking on the phone but over the past few weeks I've noticed that they don't come through until after I have hung up the call.  Any ideas why this might be happening?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why won't texts come through while I'm talking on the phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for offering these details, meledw! If the messages are from other iPhone users transmitting through iMessage they will not come through as they use the data network. Normal text messages should still deliver while on a call. Have you seen any relation to the issue being only with iMessage?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meledw,

This most definitely sounds like it is a concern. I do apologize that htis has happened. Let's see what is going on. What make/model phone do you have? When did this start? Please provide some additional information. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
meledw

I have an iPhone 5S and it started a couple of weeks ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for offering these details, meledw! If the messages are from other iPhone users transmitting through iMessage they will not come through as they use the data network. Normal text messages should still deliver while on a call. Have you seen any relation to the issue being only with iMessage?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
meledw

That makes sense. I guess I just had never noticed it before. If it’s important that I receive my texts while on a lengthy phone call, I’ll just turn off iMessage?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meledw,

Great question! When you turn off iMessage it only means your phone will not receive any iMessages or send them out. Any iPhone that tries to send you a message and has iMessage still turned on will try to send it as an iMessage by default. This means that your phone would, unfortunately, still not get those iMessages. If the person sending you the message turns off their iMessage it'll work just fine. An alternative to this would be to follow the steps here http://bit.ly/1tys9uD to unlink your phone number and Apple ID.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Calarry

I have been having the same issue on an Samsung S8 for about a month.   Had the phone for years and never had the problem before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to get texts while on the phone is important. If your device is not set up properly in settings this will be a issue. On your device do you have your phone set to LTE/CDMA? Please check your settings using the steps provided here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-211231/

-Jasper

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes