WiFi Calling stopped working on only 2 of our 3 phones
alishaknits
Enthusiast - Level 1

This morning 2 out of the three iphones on our account stopped being able to use WiFi Calling from our home wifi. 

My Xs Max and my 8plus both stopped working, but my husbands Xs Max works fine still and my cruddy tmobile work phone (iphone 7) works fine. 

I've tried all the resetting- Reset Network Settings, and a full factory reset on both phones. Still not working. 

I called Verizon Tech support and they were stumped, and forwarded the issue on to their network people. I went to the verizon store and since the wifi calling worked FINE on their wifi in the store they couldn't help me either. 

I don't know what to do. I can't have these phones not able to work on Wifi Calling, we live in a rural area and we don't have good cell signal. I work from home and I DEPEND on wifi calling to be able to do my job. 

HELP HELP HELP please help. 

Re: WiFi Calling stopped working on only 2 of our 3 phones
moorchen5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a rural area in Virginia and have never been able to get cell service. I have used wifi calling for the past three years. Recently, the connection started to drop or callers could not hear me. I was informed it was the iphone 7 antenna. I purchased a new iphone through Verizon and tried to enable wifi calling and was informed that even though my internet connection was just fine, I had to connect one of Verizon's cell towers. Why I don't know because I've never been close to a tower??

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Calling stopped working on only 2 of our 3 phones
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes