Will Verizon Stop encrypting sim cards for iPhones so users can talk and surf at the same time?
Luimi5

Will Verizon stop encrypting iPhone sim cards so users can surf and talk simultaneously?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon Stop encrypting sim cards for iPhones so users can talk and surf at the same time?
rcschnoor
Legend

It is not because of encrypted SIM cards, it is because Apple does not have the hardware to have a data signal and voice signal at the same time. The phone needs another antenna to have the CDMA(voice) and GSM(data) signals simultaneously.

0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon Stop encrypting sim cards for iPhones so users can talk and surf at the same time?
Luimi5

I can prove that this is not the case. I travel abroad monthly and have sim cards for these 2 countries i frequent and i can surf and talk at the same time. The claim that it needs another antenna does not support my findings. Can we be more transparent please. As a costumer i find it highly inconvenient to have to hang up a call with someone just to access an email.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Luimi5

P.S. If apple did not have the hardware so simultaneous cellular features can occur why does at&t and t-mobile do both at the same time?

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

No Simultaneous Talk And Surf On The Verizon And Sprint iPhone 5 [Update: Apple Explains Why] | Cult...

RC gave you 100% factual information. See link above. Apple states his answer is correct.

And when you are overseas it is GSM and that is why you can talk and surf. I think you owe RC an apology.

IPhone 6 will have this ability eventually. Per APPLE...!

Good Luck

0 Likes