Will my iPhone 5s work with other providers?
possible5suser3

I am thinking of getting the iPhone 5s through Verizon's single line 2 year plan.  If I honor the contract and want to switch providers will the phone work with any company, if so which ones?  I know if I bought directly from Apple it is unlocked and I could then switch if I wanted to.  The 2 year plan is cheaper for me.

I have heard yes and no.  Hate to pay that much for a phone and then have no option available.  Thank You in advance for any info.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching providers after contract expires?
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

The iPhone 5S will indeed work on another carriers network. I've used mine on T-Mobile several times with no issue. Verizon, per some regulation, has to sell all of their 4G/LTE devices unlocked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

possible5suser3, good morning!

I am happy to hear that you are thinking about coming to the Verizon Wireless family. The iPhoen 5s is a great device! With the iPhones they will not work on another carriers network. They are set to be on the Verizon network. But I am confident that you will be happy with the Verizon services that you wouldn't want to switch to a different carrier. Here is a link that you can check out that compares our network to the others out there: http://vz.to/13N0B6O I hope to see you join the family soon.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

The Verizon iPhone 5s is unlocked regardless of where you purchase it.

It will work with AT&T and TMobile (and other GSM carriers).  You may not get LTE speeds especially on TMobile.

It will not work on Sprint.

0 Likes
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

The iPhone 5S will indeed work on another carriers network. I've used mine on T-Mobile several times with no issue. Verizon, per some regulation, has to sell all of their 4G/LTE devices unlocked.

0 Likes