XS MAX DROPPING CALLS
Sarastover49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought the XS MAX from VERIZON a little over a month ago & it worked great for about 3 weeks. Then It started dropping calls incoming & outgoing within 10 seconds. It’s done it at my house inside & out & in different areas of the town I live in (zip code 71263) & also while I’ve been in another state. With or without a case on my phone it still drops calls. With or without WiFi/Bluetooth still same problem. All software up to date. Phone has never been dropped/wet no physical damage whatsoever. I’ve contacted Verizon several times ab this issue & they suggested network reset& it only fixed it for a few hours & I was told it could be bc if recent storms & that there was no active alerts for the area or the phone so basically there shouldn’t be a problem. So I contacted Apple hoping for a solution & they checked my analytics data & saw the amount of dropped calls I’ve had & suggested to backup my data & do factory reset. That was 2 days ago & every call I’ve made today has been dropped so obviously it did not help. I called apple again tonight & was told that when I talked to apple previously I should’ve been told to use iTunes on my computer to do a factory reset & I would have to do ANOTHER reset then could not restore ANYTHING to my phone for 2 days bc it may be a virus & I would reinfect my phone  (we own a business & I do 75% of all of it on my phone & I have to have all paperwork available at all times ) & if it still dropped calls I would have to send to apple to be serviced. So I’m guessing that would be approx 2-3 weeks I would basically be without my phone if I was to do what I was told. I don’t think this is an issue with a virus or weak reception areas or out of date software. Everybody I know with a new iPhone is having the same issue. I paid $1200 for this phone & expect it to work ANY time I want it to. We need a solution to permanently fix this issue or we need NEW phone replacements that actually work. 

Labels (1)
Re: XS MAX DROPPING CALLS
mama23dogs
Legend

Swap SIM cards to verify it’s not a SIM card defect.  

Take the phone to Apple Genius Bar and have them replace it.  

Verizon is out of the loop as Apple warranties it’s own directly.     And before you say, “But I’m  paying Verizon . . . “. Don’t go there.  You get a refurbished phone with Verizon warranty department.  Apple replaces with new devices and I trust them more than carrier refurbished any day. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues you have incurred with the iPhone XS Max and with getting help resolving your concern, Sarastover49. It sounds like you have been very proactive with troubleshooting these concerns with dropped calls and you haven't seen results just yet. This is not the experience we want for you and it's imperative that we turn this around. I'm confident we can help. I'm not showing any known network issues in the zip code you provided since you wrote your post. I know you mentioned that a factory reset was recommended but did you try this out? What is the nearest cross streets to the current location? Also, as mama23dogs pointed out, a new SIM card can sometimes do the trick, have you tried this? If not, you can stop by the nearest corporate store to get one for free. You can find out a corporate store here: http://spr.ly/6605E9miv Make sure to check "Only show stores with In-Store Pickup available" before your search.

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Mrivera21

I have had the same issue, calls dropped and I use my phone fir work.

i also have had text messages not going out, static on the phone, delayed voicemails coming into the phone, calls that keep breaking up. For a phone over $1000, this is totally unacceptable. Verizon wanted to send me a "like new phone", no way, I'm going to Apple for a resolution. I have this phone less than 5 months.

Michele

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! As a valued customer, your service and device performance concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing multiple service issues with your device (e.g. dropped calls, delays when sending text messages, static on your device, delayed voicemail messages coming to your phone, and calls breaking up). This is certainly not the experience we ever want for you or any of our customers and I apologize for your inconvenience. Rest assured we'll do everything we can to resolve these service issues. We've noted your reference to you having your Apple iPhone XS Max for almost five months. How long have you been experiencing the service issues you've referenced? Are these service issues happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g. software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes