can't text photos from iPhone 4 (not 4 S)
newiphonegirl4

Anybody have any suggestions on how to TEXT not email a picture from my iPhone 4?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't text photos from iPhone 4 (not 4 S)
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What exactly is happening when you try to text them? Have you tried the usual? Dial *228 and choose option 2 to see if it helps. Reset or restart the phone and then try sending a picture via text. Also, are the pics you're trying to send pics that were taken on your phone or were they synced? The size of the pic may be an issue...

0 Likes
onyxone

I have same problem.  used to be able to text photos just fine til couple months ago.  status bar moves to about 99% completion and then message fails.  same failure at 99% when trying to send photo in email.  photos were takin using the iPhone

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

newiphonegirl4, I was once a newiphonegirl too so I understand all the fascinating features you have to learn. I have the iphone and would be more than happy to show you how to text/mms a picture. If you want a picture from the internet, email, facebook etc, to send via text/mms you will need to save the photo to your photo album first as an image. To save an image, you will need to press the image once and hold it with your finger until a menu displays for "Save Image" & "Copy". You will need to choose "Save Image" and this will save the photo to your phone album. Listed below are steps to send that photo via text/mms from the photo album. 

Note: Some photos that are protected (read only) may not have the ability to be saved to the photo album and only allow you the chance to copy them and email them. 

1) Menu

2) Photos

3) Choose Album

4) Choose a photo 

5) Click the arrow in the left hand corner for the menu to pop up

6) Choose MMS from menu

7) The "TO" field will display choose + sign for contact list and choose person

😎 You can choose to type a message in the picture field or leave it blank

9) Hit Send

0 Likes