cancel order if prepaid in store
kjszyman
Enthusiast - Level 2

i ordered a iphone 6 plus in a store sept 19.  I had to pay for it in full and was charged on my credit card.  I have not recieved my iphone can I cancel my order still and get refunded?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cancel order if prepaid in store
Keira25
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you sure the charges actually appear on your credit card bill? I paid in store with my credit card on 9/13, but the charge did not appear on my credit card account until after the order was ready to ship (which was today, yay) I don't think the charges are supposed to appear on your statement until then. If they did and you never got a phone, that is a big problem.

0 Likes
kjszyman
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes I actually was charged for the full amount the day(9/20) after I ordered the phone 9/19  i have called Verizon a couple weeks ago  and they have no reason for it being charged already.

0 Likes
Keira25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think the first thing I would do is dispute the charge on my credit card. You didn't get the product so you can't return it, so I don't see any other option.  Did you change your mind and aren't going to order anyway, or do you plan on getting it somewhere else? I always hesitate to cancel orders because it seems like everything gets really messed up. If you do cancel the order and dispute the charge, I would think it would get messed up if you turned around and ordered it again. Better yet, call your credit card company and ask them what they suggest.

0 Likes
punnysang
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you order at a corporate location?

0 Likes
kjszyman
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I ordered at our verizon store in town and didn't know it wasnt a corporate location.  I called verizon and cancelled they said the charges should be returned.  I am just decided to wait till the dust settles on the iphone 6.  I am not in a major need but thought it would be great.  so we will see if I get a refund or have to contact the store.

0 Likes
punnysang
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a similar thing happened where I thought it was a corporate location but it wasn't and they had charged me about 50 dollars extra. I did the same and canceled the order over the phone with the verizon customer service but I also went to the store to cancel. Just double check later with your confirmation number with check order status page to make sure your order is really canceled. Mine didn't cancel for a long while and I had to call verizon again and cancel again. You would get a confirmation email for cancelling.

0 Likes