Re: eSIM transfer to iPhone 11
Xicix122

Awesome, have been trying since Friday.  They state my IMEI for esim is not in their system.  I had my XS Max connected same way previous, but they cant make this happen.  They have tried 4 forms for adding my IMEI, still no go.

0 Likes
OceanSurf
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's terrible. This should be a simple process for them by now, but it still seems to depend on what rep you get and how much they know. I wonder what the reason is why your digital IMEI number won't stick in the system? I know when I first did this last year, it was a confusing issue as to how to get things to work, but you'd think they'd have this figured out now. 

All I can suggest is call back in again. Detail what has been going on and that you've called several times. Make sure they start a case number so if they don't get it dealt with, you can call back in and use that case number to get a higher level support person.  Good luck.

gennacide

I AM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!!!! 

They keep telling me the IMEI is not in thier system! 

0 Likes
gennacide

i purchased mine through the upgrade program but selected at&t. 

I wonder if. they were locked unintentionally. 

0 Likes
OceanSurf
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think any of the IMEI2 numbers are in their system. I believe they have to add it as part of the process and then can send you a QR code to get your eSIM number set up. How many calls have you made to them? Sadly, I'd advise taking it to a Verizon corporate store if there's one near you.

0 Likes
12operatorslater

I bought the iphone 11 specifucally to add a verizon ESIM and found out today, even though Verizon and Apple all advertise that you can have esim and two numbers, Verizon HAS NOT approved the ESIMS yet for the new iphone 11 and YOU CANNOT have two numbers on one phone. anyone know anything different?

This was after a week of waiting and 4 hours of phone calls and 5 visits to the verison store

0 Likes
12operatorslater

I was told Verizon has not approved ESIMS for iphone 11 yet and have no idea when they will

0 Likes
OceanSurf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whoever told you that is either lazy or clueless. It's more effort for them to get the eSIM functional, but it is possible. My iPhone 11 Pro Max is on eSIM and 100% functional. The Verizon rep on the phone had a few stumbles, but got it working relatively quickly. 

I'd suggest calling in again and telling them you want to set up an eSIM on your iPhone. If they can't do it, ask for the next level of support since you know it can be done.

OceanSurf
Enthusiast - Level 3

One quick clarification based on one of your previous posts. You cannot have two Verizon lines on your iPhone. Because Verizon still uses CDMA (time to move on guys!) only one of the SIMs can be used for Verizon. So, if you have a physical Verizon line, you cannot have an eSIM Verizon line as well. You can have a GSM only provider on the other line. 

But again, whoever told you that an iPhone 11 isn't compatible with Verizon eSIM is either clueless or lazy. It can be done.

0 Likes
hbranum

I am having the same issue. How did you get them to add your IMEI2 number? They told me this would take 24-48 hours.

0 Likes