filing a complaint
anuta2170

I want to file a complaint with Verizon wireless and customer service. This goes back all the way to last year when I brought in my daughters iPhone to one of the Verizon stores to get fixed. We were notified that instead of fixing it one of the lines is due for an upgrade and that's a better option for her to use. Unfortunately, we were never told that the upgrade used wasn't for an iPhone but an android phone. Now going forward to this year in January again being in the Verizon store we were sold on the edge program and that it works better with my account since I have many lines, blah, blah,blah. So now I need to return my daughters old phone. When we did that I was charged almost $300 anyway. After calling for months on end and speaking to over a dozen different customer reps I was finally informed that the charge to my account was based on the wrong phone being returned. And now since January I am still waiting for Verizon to return the iPhone back to me or refund the charges. NOTHING has been done and Verizon has both my money and iPhone.

Every time I contact cs, I am put through the same questions and the same clueless answers that this needs to be investigated. I don't know what else needs to be investigated when its obvious that my phone was delivered to your warehouse, since I have the delivery confirmation, and I my account has been charged.

I need this matter resolved ASAP. I know its meaningless to you that you will lose a customer that's been with Verizon for the last 20 years, but this is really getting out of hand.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: filing a complaint
mama23dogs
Legend

They can't return the phone.  It has certainly been recycled.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The way it works, if you use Edge to upgrade a line still in contract, the phone under contract must be returned or you will be billed the $300.

SInce you used an upgrade from another line, on which someone was happily still using a working android phone, you didn't return the working android phone, but a different phone.

I Don't know if the returned phone was in excellent condition or not.  In either case, the correct phone was not returned in excellent working order.  So the $300 charge is legitimate.

THis is why you continue to ask for a fix and it isn't being done.  The system is working exactly as your contract agreed.

I understand your frustration.  You should have been clearly instructed that the upgrade would require a specific phone to be returned.

0 Likes
anuta2170

No the phone I returned in January was in perfect condition. When I was sold on the edge program in the store the sales clerk was just trying to get an additional sale out of me since I was already in there. My daughters phone had nothing to do with why I was there in the first place. But since there were options on my account the happy so lucky clerk just went with upgrading additional several of my lines.  Which included my  husbands and my line. All three of us returned the phone and my daughters phone is the one that I was screwed on.

All of this is non sense...you do understand that if the wrong phone was returned whether in good or unsatisfactory condition, if its the wrong phone under contract you are obligated to return it back to me and NOT recycle it.  That particular phone doesn't belong to you. OR you charge me, but you cant have both. Therefore, I want either my money back or the phone that was incorrectly shipped and accepted by Verizon.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Just to set the record straight, this is not Verizon service.  You are posting to a Customer to customer help forum.

THe phones are sent to a recycling warehouse, aka, a place of no return.

to go back to the issue at hand...

When they say, the wrong phone was returned, they were expecting the android under contract.  But you sent them the broken iPhone?

0 Likes
anuta2170

I would love to contact someone knowledgeable at Verizon service. More likely what I want is to file a complaint. Because this matter is getting out of control.

Doesn't everyone answering at Verizon customer service know that ..."The phones are sent to a recycling warehouse, aka, a place of no return"?! Why wasn't I informed of this when I contacted Verizon in February, March, April, May, June?

The android phone that was used under my daughters iPhone is my son's. Originally the sales clerk never mentioned to me that's what is being linked. Who knows now where his phone is. He could have changed it a million times its been almost two years now.

To: anna murakhovsky <zack1130@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:04 PM

Subject: - filing a complaint

#yiv5096933243 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

filing a complaint

created by mama23dogs in Apple - View the full discussionJust to set the record straight, this is not Verizon service.  You are posting to a Customer to customer help forum. THe phones are sent to a recycling warehouse, aka, a place of no return. to go back to the issue at hand...When they say, the wrong phone was returned, what phone were they expecting?  Where is that phone?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in Apple by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Will try to link your thread to a rep.

the more info provided the better.

TO be clear:   Was the phone that was returned, the broken iPhone?

0 Likes
anuta2170

The iPhone returned was not broken or any issues. The Verizon sales clerk persuaded my daughter to upgrade phones from 5 to 6. Telling her she would like the new phone better blah blah blah. So I shipped her older version back. She wasn't in there with any issues.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Thank you, understood.  I will try to link this to Customer service.   BUT, and it's a big but too I'm afraid.  The requirement is to return the contract phone, which didn't happen.  I don't know why it wasnt explained to you, or if you didn't understand which phone had to be returned and why.   As you explained it, the wrong one went back and I don't see how it can be undone.

FIngers crossed for you.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

A formal complaint must be in writing. Calling, email, chat, forum, Facebook, Twitter don't count and don't protect your 180 day rights. See the link to the form below and the wording from your agreement on how to dispute.

I do agree though if you sent the wrong phone in, i.e. not the phone that was being used on the line that was used for the upgrade, this is going to be a long difficult, and usually losing battle.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

HOW AND WHEN CAN I DISPUTE CHARGES?

If you're a Postpay customer, you can dispute your bill within 180 days of receiving it, but unless otherwise provided by law or unless you're disputing charges because your wireless device was lost or stolen, you still have to pay all charges until the dispute is resolved. If you're a Prepaid customer, you can dispute a charge within 180 days of the date the disputed charge was incurred. YOU MAY CALL US TO DISPUTE CHARGES ON YOUR BILL OR ANY SERVICE(S) FOR WHICH YOU WERE BILLED, BUT IF YOU WISH TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING SUCH DISPUTE, YOU MUST WRITE TO US AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADDRESS ON YOUR BILL, OR SEND US A COMPLETED NOTICE OF DISPUTE FORM (AVAILABLE AT VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.