has the iphone 5s been recalled?
meme1955

My phone is 13 months old and has crashed! I think this should be under manufacturer warrenty. It will not let me back it up or do anything. I think when you pay high dollar for a phone it should last for more than a year!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: has the iphone 5s been recalled?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The manufacturer warranty for the iPhone and virtually all other phones is 1 year. If you want coverage for longer than that you have to purchase AppleCare+ or coverage through another provider (Asurion for example). Nothing strange about that at all and unfortunately if you don't have coverage then you will have to pay to repair yourself or opt to replace your device. There are no current open recalls for the iPhone 5s. Failure can happen for any number of reasons so you can't assume that it's a defect issue. You can opt to go to your local Apple Store (if available) and have them look at it. They can give you the price of repair or may offer you an out of warranty replacement option (which you would have to pay for of course. Not sure how much it is for the 5s but iPhone 6 Plus was $329 for a replacement device. Pricey but much cheaper than having to pay full retail to buy one).

0 Likes
Re: has the iphone 5s been recalled?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meme1955, we absolutely want for you to have a working phone so you can enjoy the stellar service. We will work together to see what’s going on with the device. What are you specifically experiencing? When did this start? Is there any physical/liquid damage?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes