Re: how to keep my unlimited data
Weth
Legend

What plan is that?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What plan do you have that has the unlimited data in the plan? Unlimited data was a data package for $29.99 that is added to your plan (mine is a nationwide plan). I don't recall a plan that included unlimited data without it being a add on data plan.

wowo1234

It is a really old family plan. Certain number of shared minutes, unlimited text and data on both phones for one price-cheap. I do pay additional line access fee. The data is not an add on package. Under my plan the cost is 0.00 There is no hotspot included. If I can't add a new phone and keep what I have I guess I'll buy a couple new batteries and keep my phone until it dies

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like an old Alltel plan or the America's Choice plan. What is the name of the plan on the bill?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Purchasing a new phone is exciting wowo1234. Most importantly, activating on a new phone with a data plan that fits your needs is important. I am happy to clarify if you have an unlimited data plan and you purchase a new phone at full retail cost, you will retain your unlimited data plan. You may also purchase a phone via third party such as Ebay, a friend, etc. and activate it on your account. This would also allow you to keep your unlimited data plan. I would not recommend adding a new line then cancelling right before the phone arrives, as this would require you to send the new phone back to us and may result in non-return fees.You have the option to purchase a new phone at full retail directly from our corporate store locations or online by clicking, http://vz.to/1q1r5NX

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

wowo1234

That link does not let me buy a phone and keep my plan.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Maybe online there's a limitation because of your plan. You may have to do it in store or try calling over the phone.

0 Likes
siriusphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was attempting to change my current phone (Samsung Galaxy III) for which I have unlimited data to a Verizon IPhone 5 I was given by a friend.  So, just activating a different phone on my same line.  Went through the whole process seamlessly.  The phone I wanted to activate was compatible.  When I got to the Review your Changes page, everything stayed the same except the line item for "Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones" which proposes being reduced by $10 with the phone I want to activate.  So, it resulted in an overall reduction of $10.  That sounds great, but is that a change in my plane that would result in me losing my unlimited data?  Second question, even if I don't lose my unlimited data, if I don't like the IPhone, can I just as easily switch back with out any problems?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Activating a phone on your line shouldn't have changed anything. If you went through with it you need to check your plan ASAP to make sure nothing was changed.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yeah there was an americas choice II core plan that bundled data in the plan, and as a result the plan us so old the system wasn't recognizing it. Yeah I know the post is 4 months old lol......