i phone 6 using way to much data
schwaby

my phone seems to be using data up quicker than all other devices. please help me try to trouble shoot.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i phone 6 using way to much data
Loquat
Master - Level 1

One of the biggest data hogs that I found out the hard way is social media.  I don't know if you use FB at all...but if you do, and haven't already done so, disable the auto play for videos.  I started burning through data a while back and could't figure out why...well, for me, it was the videos that start playing the moment you scroll past  them in FB.  I sure there are many other ways that data is consumed...but for me this was a big one.  BTW, if you're coming from a slightly older device...just know that you iP6 is a lot faster and downloads things faster than previous iPhones.  You'll download full pages before you know it even if you never scroll all the way to the bottom.  Lots of web pages are including advertisements that burn data that you may not realize.  This is just a starting point...You can also look in your settings to see which app is consuming the most data. 

View solution in original post

Re: i phone 6 using way to much data
Loquat
Master - Level 1

One of the biggest data hogs that I found out the hard way is social media.  I don't know if you use FB at all...but if you do, and haven't already done so, disable the auto play for videos.  I started burning through data a while back and could't figure out why...well, for me, it was the videos that start playing the moment you scroll past  them in FB.  I sure there are many other ways that data is consumed...but for me this was a big one.  BTW, if you're coming from a slightly older device...just know that you iP6 is a lot faster and downloads things faster than previous iPhones.  You'll download full pages before you know it even if you never scroll all the way to the bottom.  Lots of web pages are including advertisements that burn data that you may not realize.  This is just a starting point...You can also look in your settings to see which app is consuming the most data.