iOS 10 call blocking
CAMM10

i do realize there are a lot of threads about call blocking but I have a very specific question. I have been blocked for a bit now by someone.  Calls right to VM and iMessages never said delivered, they went SMS instead.  Now, if I send an iMessage it says delivered.  If I call it rings the normal number of times then VM picks up.  It seems obvious I guess that maybe I've been unblocked but a little hard to believe.

1.  Would you concur that I am not blocked by the iPhone block caller feature now?

2.  Could I possibly be blocked now by some third party app that makes it seem as if I'm not blocked but I really still am? 

3.  Maybe a software update was done to iOS 10.3 and maybe call blocking acts differently with ios10?

The thing that throws me is it rings as normal now then goes to VM.  I would think with any call blocking, that wouldnt happen.

Thanks in advance,

D

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iOS 10 call blocking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Camm10, I can understand your concern with the knowing if your calls are being blocked. If calls are not going directly to Voice Mail or if messages show that they are delivered it would indicate that blocked. It is possible still that they would be using a Third party application.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Camm10, I can understand your concern with the knowing if your calls are being blocked. If calls are not going directly to Voice Mail or if messages show that they are delivered it would indicate that blocked. It is possible still that they would be using a Third party application.

AlbertoR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CAMM10

Just to clarify, you mean that it looks as if I'm 'not' blocked.... unless a third party app is being used.

Are there such third party apps that give no sign you may be blocked?  I realize you are likely not familiar with all the third party apps out there and how they work but just had to ask.

thanks

D

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand where you are coming from, Camm10. Third party applications can do many things however depending on the application, it may or may not have the feature. If your services are working normally, it will usually be the other person.

ZangY_VZW

0 Likes