LandsEndLady

I have an Apple iPad connected to my Verizon Acct. It does not use the data on my account so I cannot use it when away from home. I thought I had this capability. How do I change this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPad
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe it just needs a new SIM card (free at a corporate VZW store).  They can replace the current one and make sure the tablet is added to your account ($10 / month).

In your first post you said the tablet did NOT use your plan data - then later you state it has cellular and wifi capability.  Is it using wifi at your home location?  Will it connect to other wifi hotspots when away from home?  Does it SEE other wifi hotspots?  You may need to manually tell it to connect and log in to sites or enter a password for the wifi to fully connect to the internet.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LandsEndLady, being able to use that device on thenetwork everywhere you go is a great option to have. There are 2 types of iPads one that is designed to work on WiFi and our network and one that only works on WiFi. If you have the device soley nuilt for WiFi then you would need to purchase the multi purpose tablet and add it as a new line opf service on the account. With all that being said, which device do you have?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LandsEndLady

My iPad is registered on my Verizon account and has been since I got it. In

the past 6 months I have had a problem with connecting when not at home.

On Monday, March 28, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LandsEndLady,
Having a device that is accessible at all times is vital. On your iPad do you have cellular data turned on? Settings/Cellular Data. This must be in the on position. With this it should show you LTE in the upper left corner.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LandsEndLady

Yes, cellular data, enable LTE and Data Roaming are on. International CDMA

and personal hotspot are off.

On Monday, March 28, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
LandsEndLady

If I did not have a WiFi AND Verizon connected device I would not have asked the question!!!

Yes, my device has both but still often will not connect to the internet when I am away from home.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe it just needs a new SIM card (free at a corporate VZW store).  They can replace the current one and make sure the tablet is added to your account ($10 / month).

In your first post you said the tablet did NOT use your plan data - then later you state it has cellular and wifi capability.  Is it using wifi at your home location?  Will it connect to other wifi hotspots when away from home?  Does it SEE other wifi hotspots?  You may need to manually tell it to connect and log in to sites or enter a password for the wifi to fully connect to the internet.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

That's because their tablet is wifi only they don't realize that.

0 Likes