iPhone 14 not able to participate in group texts with non iPhone users
Dpossenti
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded my iphone 10 to an Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max  and now I cannot receive or send group texts when a non-iphone user is in the group.  1:1 texts with non iphone users does work.  I have tried all the setting changes recommended by Apple.  Apple support community said this was an issue with Verizon.  How do I fix this?                       

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 14 not able to participate in group texts with non iPhone users
Hsteve
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a while, this fix worked for me. Might give it a try.

Log in to your Verizon account. Select "Account" at the top of the screen-"My Plan"-"Blocks." After selecting the appropriate line, select "block services"- then toggle on "block picture and video messaging." After saving, wait a minute or two then toggle it back to off. After everything saves, a phone restart may or may not be necessary.

This is after you verify that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging are toggled on in your iphone Messages settings.

This seems to reprovision sms/mms without having to call in.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details and for reaching out. I know how important it is to have access to group messages. Let's work together and make sure you can continue sending messages with no problems. Which text messages app are you using to send messages? Do you have any software updates available to download?

~Gina

Erik39
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem, upgraded to iPhone 14 Pro, using Apple's Messages app, cannot send or receive group texts when an Android device is present. The settings are all on (MMS, group messaging, send as SMS), removed blocked numbers, have tried resetting network then all device settings, deleted eSim and put back on (obviously tried turning off/back on device multiple times too); no change, problem persists. I have tried changing pretty much everything possible on my end. Hopefully Verizon (less likely Apple) are able to find a fix soon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Erik39. Thank you very much for reaching out to us with your concern. I know how important it is to make sure that you are able to connect properly with all your contacts on your device, and I am here to help. Is the issue only with group messages? Are you able to send individual text messages to Android users? How about regular picture messages? ~Pamela

KimbaH
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • I have the same issue after upgrading iphone 10 to iphone 14.  I can send individual texts to Android users.  I cannot send group texts.
KimbaH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Group texts to all iphone users does work.  If I add an Android user to the group text I get an error "Not Delivered" and a red exclamation mark.  No one in the group gets the text.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KimbaH, we never like to see that you are coming across issues with your services. I have sent you a Private Note to look further into this with you. 

-Christine

0 Likes
KimbaH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like this is a Verizon issue that they can fix for you.  Read this discussion:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254473731

Hsteve
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a while, this fix worked for me. Might give it a try.

Log in to your Verizon account. Select "Account" at the top of the screen-"My Plan"-"Blocks." After selecting the appropriate line, select "block services"- then toggle on "block picture and video messaging." After saving, wait a minute or two then toggle it back to off. After everything saves, a phone restart may or may not be necessary.

This is after you verify that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging are toggled on in your iphone Messages settings.

This seems to reprovision sms/mms without having to call in.

melaniek38
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me: