iPhone 14 pro Not receiving group text messages if an android phone is in the message
kenkay

Just reviewed new phones week of Christmas and noticed that I cannot send or receive group messages if an android phone is in the message. My iPhone 12 Pro worked fine. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 14 pro Not receiving group text messages if an android phone is in the message
BigDaddySchrenk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Log in to your Verizon account. Select "Account" at the top of the screen-"My Plan"-"Blocks." After selecting the appropriate line, select "block services"- then toggle on "block picture and video messaging." After saving, wait a minute or two then toggle it back to off. After everything saves, a phone restart may or may not be necessary.

This is after you verify that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging are toggled on in your iphone Messages settings.

This seems to reprovision sms/mms without having to call in.

View solution in original post

Re: iPhone 14 pro Not receiving group text messages if an android phone is in the message
BigDaddySchrenk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Log in to your Verizon account. Select "Account" at the top of the screen-"My Plan"-"Blocks." After selecting the appropriate line, select "block services"- then toggle on "block picture and video messaging." After saving, wait a minute or two then toggle it back to off. After everything saves, a phone restart may or may not be necessary.

This is after you verify that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging are toggled on in your iphone Messages settings.

This seems to reprovision sms/mms without having to call in.