iPhone 4. Too old? Worth activating?
Dervar1234

My daughter wants an IPhone and I have old IPhone 4 I am considering activating for her.

What obstacles will I face using this?  Is it just too old?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 4. Too old? Worth activating?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dervar1234,

We are so excited to hear of your interest in activating an iPhone 4 for your daughter.  The iPhone 4 is a great device, that many customers still use on our network.  We would be more than happy to assist with explaining the simple process when activating a device. Does your daughter currently have a phone number with VZW or are you looking to add a new line of service to your current account?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dervar1234,

We are so excited to hear of your interest in activating an iPhone 4 for your daughter.  The iPhone 4 is a great device, that many customers still use on our network.  We would be more than happy to assist with explaining the simple process when activating a device. Does your daughter currently have a phone number with VZW or are you looking to add a new line of service to your current account?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dervar1234

Thanks! She does have a phone on my account already.  I do know how to make that switch and will do that when it gets closer to Christmas.  THANK YOU!

0 Likes
JayneR

The last operating system update for the iPhone 4 is 7.1.4, while the current IOS is at 9.1. The iPhone 4 is obsolete. You can no longer count of having new apps run on that old operating system. An obsolete phone will only aggravate her.

0 Likes
mg555
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using an old iPhone 4 and it works fine for making phone calls and txt messages.  No issues with those functions.  It does run VERY slow when trying to use the internet.  That is the main problem with using an older iphone that is running on the older Apple operating system.  My phone apps do work, but they take longer to open and sometimes run glitchy.  Pandora runs fine, no issues with streaming music.  With all that being said, if she just wants to use it for Text messages and making phone calls it will do the job and at no extra cost of buying her a new phone.  If she plans to use it for internet surfing, etc that is where it will cause some frustration.

So, with all that being said it just depends on what most of her usage for the phone will be.  And of course this iphone 4 would be free, which is the best thing.  No additional cost incurred!  Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4. Too old?  Worth activating?
JayneR

I just got a new iPhone 6 and am giving my old iPhone 4 to my sister. She is currently using a flip-phone, so this will be a huge improvement for her situation. It seems that your daughter is in a similar situation. Free is good!!!

0 Likes