iPhone 4S texting issues...
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Hello.

1. How come I can't send text images (plain texts work) to other smartphone users who have the same Verizon Wireless carrier (Verizon Wireless) from an old iPhone 4S? Is it because they have non-iPhones?

2. Even with cellular data off and not connected to any wifis (always prompt to connect), I still can receive text messages once in a while like on the road? How is that possible? Is there a glitch that iPhone still connects to open wifis without my permission?

Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S texting issues...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ant! I realize how important sending and receiving text messages are when communicating with family and friends. To clarify, are you having issues with sending pictures messages as well as regular text messages to non iPhone users? When did this trouble begin? Any issues w/ voice calls and or data/internet connection? Share details.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S texting issues...
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hello Ant! I realize how important sending and receiving text messages are when communicating with family and friends. To clarify, are you having issues with sending pictures messages as well as regular text messages to non iPhone users? When did this trouble begin? Any issues w/ voice calls and or data/internet connection? Share details.

Not recent, but for months since I got an used iPhone 4S. I just noticed a pattern now. I forgot to mention that this is with enabled wifi and disabled cellular data. I know they work if cellular data connections, but they are slow and capped. Regular texts work fine on both even if cellular data connection is disabled.

0 Likes