iPhone 5 Data and no help from Verizon Customer Serv!
inktgirl

My boyfriend and I both have the iPhone 5, and an iPad on my account. We upgraded his on the iPad line since it was up for an upgrade. He got his.. and is blowing thru gb's but no big deal, he has unlimited. I had unlimited as well, got my iPhone 5 this week on Monday. I work 8-7 so I'm rarely on the internet or any data using apps on my phone. I started getting messages about using my data, but thought nothing of it, as Verizon sent these to me about a year ago and told me it was a mistake. So today I got a message that I am over my data and receiving over charges!!! So I call- BAM! We took you off your unlimited plan- nope we cannot put you back, it was grandfathered... hi um ya, I never said to take it off, nor did I agree to that... The rep says it was on social media and I should have known this.. I may be unlike the rest of the universe apparently, but I pay 0 attention to social media. Then she says the rep who upgraded my phone should have told me this.. well he did not, actually we discussed my plan (per me asking if their was a way to reduce the bill) and he suggested keeping my unlimited plan..and took my iPhone 5 order! So, since she offered me ZERO resolution or help, I asked for a supervisor.. who was as concerned about my issue as a sack of potatoes! She said you can return your iPhone 5 back to us(I would have to pay the shipping)and we can REQUSET that you have your original plan back, but we cannot guarantee that you will get it back. So I say.. You're telling me that a multi-million dollar company is taking something away, does not have to tell me it is happeneing, and opposed to wanting to keep consumers you would rather me send the device back and not re-new my service for 2 years? That does not seem like customer service, loyalty, or good business to me. She yells.. you can send it BACK and we can try to put your plan back! I had enough at that point- Filed a complaint with the FCC...

Gave myself a few hours to calm down.. in the mean time letting my FB community know Verizon screwed me and to be careful. In which time about 6-9 friends text me telling me they upgraded to whatever device and are getting these charges!!!! SO YOU FAIL TO TELL EVERYONE HUH... WOW... So apparently I am not the only one who was not aware of this when placing the order, and oh yea missed it on social media because you have to listen/watch social media to balance your personal Verizon account... NOT

So I try to call Verizon again to be logical and change my plan since I'd rather not argue with Verizon over a 1,000$ bill for my overages.. This rep tells me I should switch to the 8gb plan, which will actually save us about 30$ a month!! SOUNDS GREAT RIGHT...... Followed by me asking (since the bf has the NFL app and is on it all the time..) How much data does the other =line use? ..... Well he used 6.8gb......ok and I had 2gb... and I went over... lets count this out folks.. 6.8+2= OVER 8! Then that is not even including the data the iPad uses!!

Basically... I am screwed! I can give back the iPhone 5.. that I have every right to have... and pay out the rear for data... or I can give it back to Verizon, and *HOPE* they give me my plan back! In my opinion.. this is a bunch of CRAP! Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 Data and no help from Verizon Customer Serv!
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Girl Verizon is all about the money they don't care about anyone or anybody. And idk why they told you you had to pay to ship it back you are still with in your 14. Days

Hope this helps hit me back

0 Likes
dianal

I also did not know about this change before I ordered the iPhone 5. I ordered the phone on-line and it let me choose the same plan I was already on with unlimited data before I placed the order. Now they are basically saying, "too bad." Did you ever get this resolved?

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

My unlimited data is Complicated but yes I would have lost my unlimited data unless I bought my iPhone at full retail price the reason Vzw did this I think is that because the iPhone's came to Vzw the net work would slow down because of all iPhone users

0 Likes