Re: iPhone 5 LTE very poor signal (downtown NYC - WFC area)
PaulPjr

My ticket was opened.  Also, I spoke with support through Twitter and was told that the coverage in this area is marginal and inside buildings is a challenge...  Supposedly a study will be done, but there is no time frame on changes.  Might just have to switch when my contract is up. 

0 Likes
Keitarou
Contributor - Level 1

Called Verizon again today to see what is going on with my ticket. The rep tells me that they are still working to test the towers in this area. Apparently, two engineers are working on my ticket and she hopes that I will hear back before this week ends. Usually in a business area, they wait till business hours so they get the typical traffic. Hopefully, we will get better service. If not, oh well... Sprint here I come and hope their LTE is better once they are up down here.

0 Likes
ltpaulieb

I have had nothing but issues with my LTE & 3G signal.  I work in the area of Fulton and William Streets.  My LTE has been off all day, and even my 3g has gone to EVDO (the donut) a majority of the day.  I am coming from an iPhone 4 on verizon that had none of these connectivity issues.

Even if the phone displays LTE, I have no data coverage, everything fails.

On a side note, anyone experience issues with their touch screen not responding in some apps???

0 Likes
Keitarou
Contributor - Level 1

Ok everyone. I got a call from Verizon today and this is the scoop. Verizon acknowledges that there is poor coverage in part of manhattan. There is nothing they can do and also no plans to better the service around the NYSE. Basically, they will waive ETF for me to leave and go to another provider. That is their solution and that's all they can do at this time. I can either just stick with it or leave. You guys should consider your options as well and check out other providers. Hope everything works out for you.

PaulPjr

Thanks for the update.  I'm definitely going to take a look at other providers.

0 Likes
PaulPjr

I have noticed that sometimes apps that haven't been updated for iPhone 5 do take a second or two to respond to touch randomly.  Seems like a software bug - hopefully fixed soon...

0 Likes
ltpaulieb

Here's my issue with breaking away from Verizon...my coverage right now at my place of business is downright terrible. I sold my iPhone 4 to upgrade to the 5, after waiting online for hours at an apple store just to get a phone...now I will have to go through the same process to secure another iPhone 5 for a different carrier!?? That's a piss poor response from a company who's touting such highly favorable service. My co workers have 4g LTE on galaxy's and droids and don't have these issues, FWIW. I'm pretty pissed about this now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Itpaulieb,

Thank you for sharing your wireless concern with us! As your wireless provider, we are committed to ensure that you have the absolute BEST wireless experience in the world! I would like to partner with you to get this issue resolved once and for all! May I ask zip code are you in? Can I assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on the device? If you can also provide me with the software version on your phone then that would be great.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
merlin_r68
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks.  It's been nearly a year since the OP and the service in Midtown still stinks.  Will also try to drop (never thought I'd want AT&T again....)

0 Likes