iPhone 5S pre-order HELL!!
NIIDeep

Verizon iPhone 5S PRE-ORDER HELL!! - They screwed up and dragged my situation out for 9 days!!  At the end of it all I'm still missing an iPhone 5S.  9/20 @ midnight I ordered TWO iPhone 5S 16GB silver and received a order confirmation for BOTH phones and a confirmed ship by date of 9/24.  NO notification of anything went wrong.  9/22 - I get a shipping notification from Verizon but only one mobile # is listed.  I call Customer Care and rep just quickly and casually confirms that two phones shipped.  9/23 - I get an email saying they couldn't fulfill my order completely and that the remaining order will ship 9/30.  I call Customer Care again to inquire about this and he the rep went out of his way (great guy) to confirm that two phones have shipped and that I have nothing to worry about.  Said the message was generic and was mistakenly sent out.  9/25 - I receive package and find only ONE iphone!!  I called Customer Care again and this time Adam helped me.  After looking through things, he comes back saying he thinks the iPhone was taken out of the box before shipment, stolen!!!  Had me send him all this information and said the Verizon investigation team is on it to "look" for the iphone. I asked if he could put a new order in and just exchange it for the "misplaced" iPhone.  He said it was not necessary because he believes there is a iphone somewhere.  9/27- Adam leaves me a voice mail saying that it was all a misunderstanding and my iphone should ship 9/30 and he'll be on it.  9/29 - I help my wife activate her iPhone because she tried until 3am the night before with no help.  While I'm on with Customer Care again she, Ida, asks how's my phone service in which I explain to her everything.   She looks into it and says she sees no record of any order or tracking for an iPhone.  Further says the reason one iPhone was placed on hold because a discount was applied to two devices and it could only be used for one.  I told her that I've never been notified by Verizon that something went wrong until today.  And this is after calling Customer Care numerous times.  And NOW I find this out.  She says she's going to look into it as there might be a small chance that there is an iPhone for me.  She said she'll call back by 5pm and txted me her email address.   6:00pm comes and no callback.  It also turns out the email address is bogus.  I call Customer Care again and get another rep who looks into it and does a whole bunch more investigation.  Finally she says there never was an order for my iphone and there will be no iphone shipping tomorrow.  My only choice is to place a new order and I won't get it until 10/14!!!  SERIOUSLY!!! ARGGGGGHHHHHHGGHGHHGG!!! Expletives galore!!!  Talked to the manager Brandon and asked if they can do something for me to compensate me for all this crap I went through.  I've been with Verizon for like 15 years.  He kept on saying "I understand ..blah..blah.. BUT there's nothing we can do" over and over again.  So I said Verizon made a mistake, detected this mistake but didn't notify the customer of this mistake, Customer Care couldn't figure it out until today, and that I'm out of luck?  Does he REALLY understand?  If I had known all this I could have walked to a store on 9/20 and gotten a iphone.  Pre-ordering was suppose to be a convenience provided, right? And I waited because I was led to believe that some iPhone existed..  dragged along for a ride only to find out there was no iphone.   And after all this, I get nothing but "I understand....  But there's nothing we can do..."  So yes people Verizon stinks!!! They do not hold themselves accountable for their mistakes and expects the customer to just take it.   I'll have to admit that not all customer service reps are bad (Ty, Adam, and the very last girl who helped me you guys were awesome!!  Ida you could have made this list until you decided not to call me back and gave me a bogus email).  Customer Care is a mixed bag and have not real authority to help you.  Verizon is about to lose yet another loyal customer and his family soon.  There should be some class action lawsuit for all the iphone 5s issues.  Promises/Contracts made but Verizon completely failed to keep.  They just jerk us along for a ride, dangling that ship date that keeps moving around.

>> Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5S pre-order HELL!!
luman

I emailed the Area President (west) and I received a email and they gave me a number to call.  I explained my frustration and they gave me a 30 dollar inconvenience credit and they promised to track my phone and if I had any problems to call them back.  The key was not to yell but explain why I was upset.  They might be able to help you.  You have a bigger issue than I had.  My phone was suppose to ship the 7th but I'm getting it tomorrow.

http://aboutus.verizonwireless.com/leadership/executive/

0 Likes
larryiou812

HATE TO SAY, THATS WHY I DRANK SOME COFFEE AND ORDERED SEPT 20TH AT 12 AM GOT MINE THE 25TH ON APPLE SITE AND WAS QUICK AND SMOTH AND NO ISSUE, GOOD LUCK THERE;>>

0 Likes
iPhoneu2

"Customer Care is a mixed bag and have not real authority to help you." I worked for Verizon before it was Verizon, for several years. I think that you are entirely correct in your assessment of customer care. Reps really can't do much at all. I believe that the key function of reps is 1. hand holding and 2. punching bag. The goal is to get the customer believe that they actually DID something, and got some result! After all the talking, the customer starts to believe that something actually happened to resolved the situation. At least they spoke to SOMEONE! Picture this: the rep is on the computer, wearing a headset, and the calls are coming at them non-stop, and you have 3 minutes to convince this person that you actually helped them! But in the end, as you said, nothing happened!  It is the sad truth of cs.

I am curious to see if the Moderator leaves this post on the board.

0 Likes