Re: iPhone 5S shipping postponed from 09/24 to 10/07
newthings

Confirmation of 9/20/13 at 12:14

0 Likes
DB222
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called and spoke to the west coast executive office.  They said the reason for delay is an "unexpected shortage."  How was it unexpected?  The news reported there was going to be a shortage days before launch.  She also said their computers couldn't handle the volume of orders at midnight.  I guess I can accept that excuse, but how could they not have this problem worked out prior to the five days it took them to send out the 10-7-13 email? Did it take five days to count the orders and compare it to inventory?  I received my confirmation email 6 minutes after buying opened.  I find it hard to believe they didn't have enough phones to cover 6 minutes in.  If Apple was that short on inventory, they shouldn't have launched the phone.

But at least I received a sincere apology from Verizon.  All orders from now on will go directly through Apple.  If I did that in the first place, I would have my phones.

0 Likes
cgpk2

My confirmation email was at 12:13AM...

0 Likes
krusting123
Enthusiast - Level 2

PS...my phone has been SHIPPED and is due to arrive TUESDAY.  I ordered at 3:04est on verizonwireless.com and got the same runaround with the 9/24 ship date and 10/7 shipment e-mail.  I never checked my status because I figured it was same-same. I checked tonight and full tracking info is up.  I never got an e-mail and my card was charged today.  I highly recommend checking your order status.

0 Likes
mpc8240
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally Saturday afternoon the much awaited shipment notification email arrived with tracking #s. FedEx 2Day, delivery estimate is Tuesday 10/01.

NavVZWuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why wait????

You can check for a local pickup at an Apple Store... I cancelled my preorder (9/25, 10/7, ....) and picked it up this afternoon.

I didn't have to deal with the aggravation and delays Verizon is causing.

vb112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called Verizon to make sure my date wasn't delayed further. I got the Oct 28th date because business customers weren't allowed to order at midnight like the consumer customers. Verizon told me I wont get it till Nov. 4th now because I placed my order after 3:00 p.m. Wasn't going to escalate and beat a dead horse, but my order receipt and email both time stamp me at 11:30 a.m. Now I have to check with the apple store for Gold 64gb. Thanks for the e-mail updates thats I never got.

0 Likes