Re: iPhone 5s ship date
cr120106

I was told my shipping date was 9/24 and then after not getting tracking info, I initiated a chat today and was told that an email was sent out about delays on the 24th. I NEVER EVEN RECEIVED AN EMAIL. at all. nothing. Then I'm told it won't ship until 10/7 now.  I haven't even received an email saying mine was going to be delayed, yet it is. I've checked my junk email too. Funny thing is everyone else is getting their phones and phones are being shipped to stores! It's absurd. Fill your preorders before you start shipping them to stores. I keep checking for this mystery "email" to show up and tell me that it's been delayed, but there isn't one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DJMAC520,

I am very regretful for the delay in your shipment and even more so that we weren't able to communicate this to you quicker. There was definitely supposed to have been an email sent out and I sincerely apologize this wasn't received. It is always important to keep you and our other customers informed so you're able to make the adjustments you need! I do look forward to the receipt of your phone as I know you're going to adore it. If you do have any other questions, please just ask!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ozubair
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the majority of us are upset not only at the fact in the lack of timely communication, but the fact that we were never updated on the expected shipping date at the time we placed the order.  Verizon had to have known how much stock was available to be shipped on certain days.  Why would it take 4 calendar days to realize that there was not enough stock to be shipped.  We were baited into placing our orders with certain expectations on delivery and then switched last minute to deliveries weeks later.  The fact now is that we have no choice but to keep our orders with Verizon, if we were to cancel and place new orders anywhere else we would most likely have to wait till late October.  If I would've known of the delivery date of Oct 7th when I placed my order, it wouldn't have been a problem.  I would've gone ahead and ordered my phones through Apple.  I did not stay up to order my phones at midnight to have them delivered in the third delivery window.  Just terrible on Verizon's part start to finish, actually it's not finished yet, because who knows when I will actually get my order. 

I guess at least we have VZW's sincere regrets and apologies to compensate us!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ozubair,

I understand your discontent with regards to the delivery of your phone, I am a consumer too and I would be upset as well if I experienced delay on a phone delivery. Please be assured that we're making every effort to expedite delivery of all orders. Please visit this link http://bit.ly/RjmCUB often to check the status of your order.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
JLSmith12

This is ridiculous in this day and age. Inventory tracking is not a difficult process. Other companies do it just fine. I ordered my iphone at 12:01 PST and was told that it will ship 9/24. Now I receive an email postponing it until 10/7. I called and asked if I can change to a silver or white one, but am told that it will take longer if I switch from Gold.

Earlier in this thread I see that VZW left a link to check the status of our orders. I tried it and it still tells me 9/24 ship date.

Really VZW? Are you really a technology company? Is it a lack of skills or a lack of integrity that inhibits you from providing accurate information.

0 Likes
JLSmith12

Does it take 4 days to count the orders? I would think with computers and all that it can be tallied up fairly quickly. Probably in the milli-second range. It shouldn't take 4 days to realize you sold more than you had.

BTW, I think we would all be happy if FedEx picked up our orders on 9/24. Ship-By date seems pretty clear...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@toolbox875,

I completely understand how excited you must be to get your new iPhone.  This iPhone is in such demand that it has caused unexpected shipping delays.  The good news is that your order is already in the queue and you are guaranteed to receive your phone!  Now you will receive an email with the updated shipping date for your device.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Marie_st
Enthusiast - Level 2

Be careful when you say you may cancel.  I was talking to a rep and said I should cancel the order.  Imagine my shock when I got home and found an email stating my order had been cancelled.  After 2 more hours on the phone, I have a new order for a different color, and a potential ship date of 10/15.  Not okay.  I ordered at 3:00 am on the 20th, and will be waiting almost a month for delivery.  I wouldn't have ordered it had I known they weren't available.  False advertising. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cr120106. I completely understand how excited you must be to get your new iPhone.  This iPhone is in such demand that it has  caused unexpected shipping delays.  The good news is that your order is already in the queue and you are guaranteed to receive your phone!  Now you will receive an email with the updated shipping date for your device. -Chauncey

0 Likes
DB222
Enthusiast - Level 2

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes