Re: iPhone 5s ship date
crashcrashboom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I placed my order at roughly 3:15am on 9/20 and my order too said that my 5s would ship by 9/24. I initiated a chat w/ a Verizon rep and was actually told that the 24th was the day i'd RECEIVE it, not the day that it'd ship. on the 22nd, after still not receiving a tracking #, I called customer service and was told that the other rep was wrong and that the 24th was not the delivery date, it was just the day it would ship out. I still didn't receive any type of communication until this evening when I got an email from VZ stating that due to high demand they "anticipate" the new shipping date to be 10/7. I understand that the supply is limited but VZ should have given proper estimates when I placed my order. They sure got my money on time. Had the shipping estimate on the site been correct, I would have just picked the phone up directly from Apple the day it was released. Will I live another week without the 5s? Of course... I just am used to expecting much better customer service from Verizon. Virgin Mobile is looking real attractive right now.

mpc8240
Enthusiast - Level 3

Congrats. When did you place order, I mean as measured by the arrival time of your order confirmation?

0 Likes
mpc8240
Enthusiast - Level 3

What's the color & capacity of your iPhone 5S? I ordered earlier than you but the shipping is delayed to 10/7 at last minute.

0 Likes
DB222
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called at 4 and was told by the rep that my phone was shipping today.  She even said she spoke to her supervisor and he confirmed it.  This was noted in their system (per the next rep I talked to). Then got the 10-7-13 email.  I called and the rep told me it was delayed until 10-7.  I asked how Verizon prioritizes their orders.  He couldn't provide an answer.  First come (ordered) first served?  He didn't know.  Asked to speak to a supervisor.  He agreed and said he had to hold his hand in the air until one came over.  One did after a long wait.  He didn't get on the phone.  The rep told me the supervisors do whatever they can to avoid talking to customers.  Great system.  Glad I'm a customer.  I could tell the second rep I talked to was frustrated with Verizon's incompetence. I don't blame him, but after reading all the posts about ATT customers and Apple Store customers getting their phones, I am seriously thinking if I want to be a Verizon customer.

TaraFH
Enthusiast - Level 2
That is crazy!!! Actually I called Verizon like 3am Saturday rep said it would ship by the 24th. Then on Sunday card was charged. Monday FINALLY I got the tracking number. I've been checking fedex to be sure and will be here tomorrow. The VZ estimates really are off. Hoping you get your phone soon.
0 Likes
toolbox875
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went through Iphone 4, 4s, 5 pre-order processes and receive the phone on promised dates.

Not this time, I pIaced my order on 09/20/2013 at 3:10 am EST and received a "Ship by" date of 09/24/2013. Called Verizon twice today and got conflicting info. One rep said it should shipped tonight (09/24/2013) and another rep said not  until sometime in October. Just received the same email as everyone that the estimated shipping date is 10/7/13.

To All Verizon Employee/ Management,

Many people here are frustrated and angry that you cant fulfill your "ship by" dates. During the ordering process your website had a "Ship by" date before checking out.  To me a ship by date means it will SHIP BY the  date your website says. Heck, the email conformation even states ship by 09/24/2013.

Have I managed my expectation incorrectly? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ship by dates are just estimates of when it could ship. It certainly doesn't mean that it would be delivered by that date. It is when it gets picked up by the FedEx Shipping (VZW 's preferred shipping method). There is also the issue of supply and demand. There are XX number of gold iphones and yy number of the space gray version. If the gold version order was 2 times the XX amount then there will be delays for half of the orders. Some goes for the space gray model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tgoet

Ordered 2 5S phones at 2:20am central time on friday. Got an email to confirm my order at 2:24am saying they would ship 9/24. Now at 9:40pm the day my news phones are to ship verizon emails me saying do to high volume my order will not ship until 10/16. They will keep me updated if the date changes again. I ordered in the first 25 minutes. Verizon has changed my account for the hardware and is now going ship it to me when ever they won't. I am so disappointed I may cancel my order and service. I'm not on a contract.

<< Comments edited to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DJMAC520

Well I suppose I got what I asked for as last night I received an email saying my shipment was, like some of you, delayed until 10/16. And that is of course the anticipated shipping date, which at this point none of us can take comfort in staying as is and not moving to a later date.  And this is where Apple deserves a ****  of heat; you cannot roll out a product and be this far behind demand.  Wait three to four weeks to meet demand better.  On a product that they update every 12 months or so, and which many people tend to upgrade right along with those annual updates, delaying receipt by close to a month diminishes the useful shelf life before the next rollout (although I suppose if they keep messing up rollouts like this you still get your pound of flesh in terms of 12 months of usage).  A technological and business giant like Apple should not misread demand/supply for a known seller like the iPhone quite this poorly.

The customer service representative I spoke with yesterday gave me a tip in terms of vociing concerns to VZW over these issues.  See the link below, which is a level of executive leadership. He suggested contacting via email the appropriate person(s) for yoru geographic region etc.  I did and actually got a call back from that person's office this morning.  Nothing changed, I did not expect it to, but at least there is some sense that at an executive level (and not just the CS rep you get on the phone) VZW understands consumer frustration.  Take 5 minutes and do the same:

http://aboutus.verizonwireless.com/leadership/executive/

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Icer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same boat as many of you. I ordered a 64gb Gray by 2:12 pm  central and received confirmation it would ship by 9-24.  Last night I  received an email at 9:40 PM saying the new shipping date is now 10-7  and they will let me know if that changes.  Let me guess, I'll get  another email late on the 6th stating a new shipping date.  If that  happens I'm done with Verizon!   I should dump them now.  I've been a  good customer for MANY years and this is how I'm treated..shame on you  Verizon!

So much for "First Come First Served"! 

0 Likes