iPhone 6 Plus reporting SIM Not Supported while used in India
PANDYAN

I was on a Verizon Plan and I just paid of my iPhone 6 Plus and upgraded to iPhone 7 Plus. I gave my iPhone 6 Plus to my brother in India. My brother is having trouble using the iPhone 6 Plus. He is getting error message "SIM Not Supported". I called Verizon and they confirmed that my iPhone 6 is not locked.

How can i resolve this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 Plus reporting SIM Not Supported while used in India
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PANDYAN, it was really nice of you to give your device over to him. I was looking into this and can confirm every iPhone 6 Plus from Verizon is unlocked. Over on Apple’s page here, there’s a list of the compatible networks throughout the world: https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/#iphone-6-iphone-6-plus

This link lets us know that the model number Verizon Wireless uses is Model A1522. You’ll want to have your brother confirm this by going to Settings > General > About >  Model.  Within that above link, you’ll find that Model A1522 is not compatible with any cellular service provider in India.

I'm sorry for this bit of bad news.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Plus reporting SIM Not Supported while used in India
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PANDYAN, it was really nice of you to give your device over to him. I was looking into this and can confirm every iPhone 6 Plus from Verizon is unlocked. Over on Apple’s page here, there’s a list of the compatible networks throughout the world: https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/#iphone-6-iphone-6-plus

This link lets us know that the model number Verizon Wireless uses is Model A1522. You’ll want to have your brother confirm this by going to Settings > General > About >  Model.  Within that above link, you’ll find that Model A1522 is not compatible with any cellular service provider in India.

I'm sorry for this bit of bad news.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes