iPhone 6 Visual Voicemails Lost
eb94114
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgrades from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6 last night.  Everything transferred over except the visual voicemails.  These contained some very meaningful voicemails from my mother who passed away quite suddenly six months ago.  Verizon is saying they have nothing on their platform when they look into trying to find the messages, and they said it is an Apple issue.  Apple said it is a Verizon issue.  This is bringing me to tears.  Can someone please help me restore these messages?  I was told they would transfer over, otherwise I would not have upgraded my phone.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Visual Voicemails Lost
monkeyfoot7
Enthusiast - Level 1

exact same issue here for my mother's phone.  i followed the verizon employee's exact instructions and backed up my mother's old iPhone 4s to the computer.  when i brought the new iPhone 6 home and restored from backup, most of the voicemails were gone.  more specifically, the voicemails from my recently passed away father were missing and my mother is devastated.  i've spent hours trying whatever i could to locate the files.  i called the verizon office and was told it was apple.  called apple and was told it was verizon.  the fact that i tried to prepare for this by coordinating with verizon first has me unbelievably upset.

this is unacceptable.  i will tell absolutely everyone i can of this customer service failure and try to steer people away from verizon.  i hope no one else has to go through a loss such as this to only be casually tossed aside with a "whoops" when their loss is compounded by losing the last recordings of a loved one.

such a shame.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Visual Voicemails Lost
leela813

I just had the same thing happen to me - I was switching from my Iphone 5s to a Iphone 6 and had voicemails from my mother who passed away back in 2011. When I started up the new phone with the moved over SIM card and the voicemails where missing I was devastated. I found some different discussions on this same topic and based on one of the threads I moved my sim back to the old Iphone 5s which I had already reset and erased all data on so that it could be restored from back up. I then restored from back up (a back up time period that I new I had the voicemails still) and the voicemails where back and intact. I don't know if you can still do this but if it worked for me maybe it can work for you guys. I quickly recording my voicemail as separate wav files that I will now keep sacred as the last remembrance of my mother's voice. Good luck.

0 Likes