iPhone 6 sucking up Data
Krene49

Hi.... I upgraded from iphone5 to 6S two weeks ago.... I have a 10 G plan and never use it all until this upgrade.  I called support and wifi assist is off as well as iPhone and apps cellular off.... It had used 37 G over before that and support says my hotspot used the data?  I have not used my hotspot!  Help?  Who can help me at Verizon get this taken care of once and for all?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 sucking up Data
Weth
Legend

What app is using the data? Check settings cellular and scroll down.  Report back.

Does anyanyone else have access to turn hotspot on, like a child?  Happens more than you think.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a lot of data Krene49. I totally understand your concern. Were you able to check Weth suggestion? Is your old phone turned off? You can also check your data usage on the 6S by going to Settings>Data Usage. Keep me posted.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Krene49

When I went into a store they checked and said it was my Hotspot and therefore I used the data.... But I didn't , the day I received 33+ texts about data overage... I was traveling in a plane and did not use my hotspot other than an hour the day before... When I still had data

Karen K. Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I am confused? You didn't use hotspot but then you said you did?  Certainly sounds like you forgot to turn it off or didn't have good security or someone else turned it on and used it.  You should be able to tell the approximate time the data was used.

0 Likes