iPhone X Preorder and Launch Day Question
LyssaMartin

So I am definitely getting the iPhone X. I will be preordering it at exactly midnight on the 27th. I will be preordering it just in case of course because I know the supply is supposedly extremely limited. On actual launch day, if my my preorder hasn't shipped I plan on going into one of my local stores before they open just in case even though I live in a really small town and no one actually lines up for these things here. I will be there on launch day  if they have the iPhone X in stock and I'll just cancel my preorder and get the phone day of. However, I have 3 local stores that may have it. I want the iPhone X 256GB I don't really care about color I'd prefer Space Grey but I'll settle on whatever they have in 256GB. So because there are 3 stores and I want to get there before one opens. I would obviously like to know which one has the phone I want in stock. So would I be able to call my local stores the day before launch day and ask if they'll have it in stock?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone X Preorder and Launch Day Question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you cancel your pre-order, it can take a few days before the order completely clears the system preventing you from purchasing a new iPhone X on launch day with a device payment agreement. If you can purchase it at the full retail price in one lump sum that day, then it won't matter when you cancel the pre-order before the pre-order ships.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you cancel your pre-order, it can take a few days before the order completely clears the system preventing you from purchasing a new iPhone X on launch day with a device payment agreement. If you can purchase it at the full retail price in one lump sum that day, then it won't matter when you cancel the pre-order before the pre-order ships.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LyssaMartin, I can feel your excitement for the iPhone X. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. Our direct stores won't typically advise of inventory of the iPhone X until it's actually been released. High demand devices are usually provided on a first come, first serve basis. Our stores can perform an in-store order of the device for you when they open to take pre-orders on the 27th. This would allow you to reserve an iPhone X from their available inventory should they be in receipt of them on the actual launch day.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!