iPhone X Received
swinegardner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got my phone this afternoon. Set up was pretty easy. I had a lot of content on my phone and I have some apps still loading. My only upset is that my voicemails were lost - all but one from August. I had several voicemails from my mom who passed 2 years ago and from a friend who passed as well. Sad that I can no longer hear there voices. I assume they are gone forever?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X Received
tdperry
Contributor - Level 1

Were you coming from an older iPhone or from an Android system?

If from an ealier iPhone (7,6,5s) then they should have carried over - or at least mine did.

If you were coming from an iPhone did you set it up as a new phone or did you restore from a recent backup?  One thing I have found is that apparently you will get more restored if you have the backup encrypted.

swinegardner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was coming from a 6s+. Amazingly, this morning my voicemails were there. My phone is still showing that media is updating (started this process last evening about 6pm). I do have a lot of apps, music, and pics and remember that it took my old phone quite a bit of time as well. I didn’t encrypt my back up - will remember that for the next time around.

0 Likes
Gotama

Glad to hear they ended up transferring over.  Another way to preserve voicemails is to click on one and then select the 'share' icon.  You should be able to then save to your voice memos, email it, backup up to dropbox, etc.

0 Likes