iPhone caller ID now showing name but not phone number
DavidDLV

As of this morning, when people call my iphone, the caller ID displays the person's name (even if not in my contacts) or is displayed "WIRELESS CALLER". My phone did not update, my plan did not change, my settings did not change. I just woke up today and it was doing this. It's really annoying. 

I called VZW support today who instructed me to reset my network setting and reboot my iphone. I did this and it went back to displaying only phone numbers. Then after 1 hour it's back to showing names! I have a feeling this in on the carrier's end not my phone. 

What can I do to fix this? I want the caller ID to show the person's phone # not their name.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone caller ID now showing name but not phone number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand your concerns about reverting these changes and we appreciate your efforts to resolve this issue. Let's take a closer look. To confirm, does this occur with all incoming calls or a specific number?

0 Likes
Re: iPhone caller ID now showing name (but not phone number) on all outgoing calls
Asiangem
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not want any names shown on any of my cell phones - I want only the phone number to show up. Why is this happening??

0 Likes
Re: iPhone caller ID now showing name but not phone number
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes