iphone 4 from Korea
daboywonda

I am currently stationed in Korea and bought and iphone4 over here. Will I be able to use it with Verizon once I get back to the states?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 4 from Korea
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Only if you bought it through Verizon (or Apple) and it is a Verizon CDMA iPhone 4. Otherwise, no you will not be able to use it on the Verizon Wireless network

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Only if you bought it through Verizon (or Apple) and it is a Verizon CDMA iPhone 4. Otherwise, no you will not be able to use it on the Verizon Wireless network

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

It depends, but most likely no, and if it does, it will take a lot of work to get it to work with Verizon

I am not sure which cellular networks are supported in Korea, but if Korea does not support CDMA, then chances are you have a GSM iPhone which will not work on Verizon, you will have to use AT&T, T-Mobile, or other GSM capable carrier

If it is a CDMA iPhone, the phone will first need to be flashed to work on Verizon's network, and the MEID of the phone needs to be programmed into Verizon's systems, and in the end, there is no guarantee that it will work the same way as if you were to get a new iPhone from Verizon (and may also have glitches or missing features)

0 Likes