iphone 7 plus-my voice is muffled, in/out and people can't understand all i'm saying when I talk to anyone!
ANGEL244812

I am so frustrated. I literally got this phone, brand new, iPhone 7 plus 5 days ago. Every time I speak with ANYONE, they are constantly saying, huh, what, I can't hear you, you sound muffled, you are going in/out. I have been on the phone with Verizon troubleshooting 4 times, THEY even admitted they couldn't hear everything I was saying or it was muffled. I preformed all the trouble shooting steps they asked me to do. I went to the store yesterday to just exchange the phone. (It's 5 days old) They refused to saying they ran the test and it says hardware is fine. (The receipt clearly says I have 14 days to exchange) They said they updated all software and put in a new SIM card and to try it out again. Every call last night again, couldn't hear all I was saying or I was muffled. I even called customer service again and the representative couldn't understand all I was saying either. HE told me the store should have let me exchange for a new phone, period, no excuses. (The store was extremely rude)  I've done hours of research today on a million forums to see people with Verizon have overwhelmingly had this happening to them, some Have exchanged the phone more than once, some as much as 3-4 times and all the phones did the same thing. I feel like I have been messed over. Verizon and Apple keep blaming each other. The store acted like this was a new problem. Google it, hundreds of forums of people with the EXACT same problem.

This $850 phone should be used with no issues, especially 5 days old. And NO ONE can hear me very well or all at times. I have followed EVERY trouble shooting step I was told to. NOTHING has helped.  And basically I'm being told deal with it. It's absolutely ridiculous. I have been a customer too long to be treated so rudely and nothing be done.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 7 plus-my voice is muffled, in/out and people can't understand all i'm saying when I talk to anyone!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the trouble Jennifer Irwin. We want you to have the best experience possible. When you switched devices, was your content loaded through iTunes or iCloud? I know that it may sound like a silly thing but these devices have a film over the speaker ports. Have they been removed?

0 Likes
Re: iphone 7 plus-my voice is muffled, in/out and people can't understand all i'm saying when I talk to anyone!
ANGEL244812

Loaded through iCloud. And yes they have been removed. If you read the above, ykur store also looked at the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the additional details, ANGEL244812! I am sure it was upsetting to have the store refuse to exchange your device. Since you are still within the 14 day return period, we would definitely recommend bringing it in to exchange before that option becomes unavailable. As long as it is a Verizon corporate store, they should be able to exchange it at no cost for the same make & model. If the original purchase was at a corporate store, you can also go to a different corporate store to exchange if you would be more comfortable doing that.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/

Thank you,

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DRAGONSMIRTH

I have the same problem with my 7plus and now daughter with her 6s. We are over the timeframe so we are stuck. Go back and demand a new phone! I hope all turns out well. This is my first iPhone and not really impressed by all the issues that no one wants to stand behind.

0 Likes
bludog

I have the same problem with my phone! What are these filters their talking about from I cloud? How do you fix that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here to help with all your equipment concerns Cheri.  What filters are you referring to? How long have you had issues with hearing callers on your new phone? Any recent software updates to your device?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my  response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes