iphone 7 trade in program
yohan81718

I called verizon service rep when they announced trade-in program (reimbursing $650 over 24 months period for my iphone6+).  They said pre-order through apple.com is also eligible for the $650.

I contacted their chat line to double confirm and they said I have to pre-order/purchase through verizonwireless.com in order to be eligible.

Both have checked with their supervisors.

Who is right?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 7 trade in program
MORGRU17

It would be nice for Verizon to clear this up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yohan81718, great question! To get the promotion you will have to wait KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
spikedphilly

I just spoke with Verizon about the trade-in for the iPhone 7. I have an iPhone 6S plus that is paid for. The trade-in value of $650 is only good if you sign up for their edge program for 2 years, which I would NOT recommend doing. I did that when I bought my iPhone 6. 1 year into my edge program, the balance I owed on my phone was considerably higher than it should have been and nobody could explain why. I wanted to use their current program and get the 7 plus and pay the difference out of pocket, but they won't do it. If I won't sign up for the edge program they will only give me $290 for my 6S plus that I paid over $800 for a year ago. This makes no sense. If the program allows $650 for the trade-in and the iPhone 7 plus costs $750, why does it matter if I pay $100 up front or stretch it out over 2 years unless Verizon is somehow screwing the customer for more money than the phone is worth?! I wouldn't recommend upgrading and using their edge program unless you really need to.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

[Removed]

The 6 or 6s plus is NOT WORTH $650. At all. Not by any stretch of the imagination. And when you try to trade your phone in afterwards you will hear that somet not right with the phone. The whole trade in "program" is per terms and conditions and that's why you can't pay the "difference ". Good grief.

Inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And the program specifically says bill credits for the full amount so again why are you complaining against it?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you don't want to do the payment plan, then don't, but that is one of the qualifications for the offer. There is nothing saying you have to finance the whole thing. Why not put down all but $24 if you don't want the payment plan, then you would only have a $1 monthly payment and a phone balance of $24 which would drop by a dollar each month.

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

Apple was not offering the VZW DPP (Device Payment Plan) through ordering online at Apple.com.  You can go INTO the store and order/pre-order using VZW DPP.  The $650 promo requires an iPhone 7 on DPP (regardless of where it came from) and then the eligible trade-in device.  All must be done on or before 9/30/16. 

Note that Apple store will only allow the VZW Account Owner (not an authorized user) with two forms of ID to place an order on their VZW DPP. 

0 Likes