iphone cant receive photos
GREPES11

my sons iPhone 7 cannot send/receive photos from any phones that are not iphones. he also cannot be a part of any group text messages!! help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone cant receive photos
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the text message settings set to allow SMS/MMS over cellular instead of iMessages?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GREPES11

Yes it is….

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GREPES11, ensuring that your son's iPhone messaging operates correctly is important. Help is here. In order for us to best assist, can you clarify the messaging platform that your son is using? Is it the Messages app that came with the phone, or another app? What happens on his phone when he attempts to send/receive messages?

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GREPES11

He is using the messaging app that is the factory setting on his phone…..and he can only send/ receive photos from other phones and cannot be a part of group text messages

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes
GREPES11

He can only send/receive photos to iphones….and I have already reset network setting, reset iPhone…….apple said that you guys need to check his phone line settings that the problem is with Verizon…..his phoneline number is [removed] for our account

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that he is using the native messaging application on his phone, GREPES11. I am committed to resolving this messaging issue as soon as possible. Let's explore options and test a proven messaging application that works perfectly with messages from Android devices. Please have him download and install the Verizon Messages application (http://spr.ly/6584DhStQ) and test. Keep us posted.

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dawn40
Enthusiast - Level 2

we have the same problem.  We have 7 phones, 4 iphone and 3 Android.  All of a sudden one day they all stopped sending or receiving photos from each other.  I can send iphone to iphone but not to android, they all error out.  I've called. they want to send my phone in to get fixed.  all 7 phones all of a sudden have this issue.  Come on verizon

0 Likes