iphone5 will not stay connected to wifi or bluetooth
kathyann16

Since I got my phone for Christmas it has had this issue. It was not a software update problem because it has never worked. If I get more than 2 meters away from my wifi box, it disconnects. It is not an issue with my internet because my ipod connects just fine. I even have friends that come over and connect to it with there iphone5s from across the house. I even tried other people's wifi to no avail. It is very agitating not being able to connect to it because I only have 2 Gs of data. I am wasting my money. Yesterday I got a new radio for my car that has Bluetooth, same problems. When I hold my phone up next to the radio, it will connect. As soon as I take it away from it (set it in my lap) it disconnects. it tells me to make sure the radio is in range, which it is. this ruins the whole 'hands-free' effect. I have done research and found that a refurbished phone could do the trick. I have called and talked to support people but all they want to do is troubleshoot. It does not help at all. I have reset network settings, AND did a mass reset to the phone. I did not even know why I was doing it since the factory settings never worked in the beginning, but I tried it anyways. I am tired of spending hours resetting it over and over. What should I do? Should I go to Verizon and demand a refurbished phone? My phone IS still under warranty. It sounds like a hardware issue to me.. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone5 will not stay connected to wifi or bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kathyann16, don't panic. I'm here to help. We want you to know that your time is valuable to us. After troublshooting your device, if your issue still persists, we can provide you with a warranty replacement device. The warranty covers your device for the first year for any software issues. However, it does not cover physical or liquid damage. The final step to attempt to resolve your issue would be to master reset it in Settings. Have you tried this? http://vz.to/vOYYCX Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kathyann16

Thanks for the help. I tried that and it did not fix it so I took it back to Verizon and they did some more trouble shooting.. They are sending me a replacement phone in a couple days so hopefully this one will work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy Saturday kathyann16,

Thanks for keeping us updated. We know how important it is to supplement your data usage with wifi. It's a great way to update apps and software wirelessly without the worry of any additional cost. May I ask have you received the replacement device yet? If so then please retest the wifi connectivity and let me know if it's more consistent than the previous device. As always, we are here to support you.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW

0 Likes
kathyann16

Yes I received the replacement iPhone. It works perfectly! I get full wifi signal all throughout my house now! I'm very pleased. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fabulous! I am glad that the device is working as it should kathyann16! Please let us know if you ever need assistance. We are always here to help!

Thank you,

Lena_VZW

0 Likes