my phone does not always receive group mms messages when a non iphone user is in the group. What is the problem.
deeshack

my phone does not always receive group mms messages when a non iphone user is in the group.  What is the problem.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my phone does not always receive group mms messages when a non iphone user is in the group.  What is the problem.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deeshack, thanks for the information. We are not giving up hope. Have we filed a network ticket for you on this issue yet? As I can personally state that when I use my iPhone to send a group text to others with iPhones and non-iPhone, it goes through for me with no issues. This is why I want to file a network engineering ticket so we can look deeper into this for you.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: my phone does not always receive group mms messages when a non iphone user is in the group. What is the problem.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
deeshack'

Great question. We want you to get all of your messages. Are you sending your messages through iMessage. If so, you may not receive all of your messages. It would be best to turn iMessage off and use the regular SMS messaging service. Please try this step and keep us updated on your progress.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: my phone does not always receive group mms messages when a non iphone user is in the group.  What is the problem.
deeshack

In the past when I turn off imessages I have had trouble sending and receiving pictures and also had trouble receiving texts from fellow iphone users.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying in communication via text and iMessage is crucial deeshack. When disabling iMessages, this will prevent you from sending or receiving iMessages to any iPhone users. When did you start experiencing difficulties sending a group sms to non-iPhone users? Did you make any recent changes to the phone or install anything new when it stopped working?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deeshack

It's not sending the messages that's a problem it's receiving them.  This has been happening for as long as I've had the phone, so nearly two years.  It only happens in group mms messages where there is a non iphone user participating.  Sometimes the messages show up delayed and out of order so they don't make sense.  This last time I had 21 messages show up hours after the conversation had ended and including one that was actually sent 2 DAYS prior.  I am not in the habit of asking people whether or not they are using an iphone and find it absurd that I should have to turn i-messaging on and off based on who I'm communicating with.  There must be a way to leave i-messaging on and still be able to converse in groups that include non iphone users.  As I've said turning i-messaging off seems to create a whole new set of problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Diane, we are here to help get you connected again. How often do you power your phone on and off. Do you have your roaming turned on for voice and data? Could you please contact us via Twitter so we can get more information to you and help get this resolved. There are a few things that may be happening with your iMessage and we want to get this fixed for you ASAP. Looking forward to happy messages for you.
CheriS_VZW

0 Likes
deeshack

I am still connected I just have trouble with this one particular service.  I power my phone off about once a month or so.  I did not have roaming turned on for either voice or data.  I have changed that now although I'm not sure why that would matter since I was at my home or work during these conversations and the phone works fine for individual messages in both of these locations.  I do not have a Twitter account and don't wish to create one.  I also do not have a Facebook account so that is not an option either.  Why would that be better than just helping me here on the forum?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries! We would be delighted to continue to assist here, deeshack. Has there been any recent updates to your device (software related)? As there were some recent updated that came out this past week for the software that would be best if done. Are you using the stock messaging application? 

TakendraW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deeshack

Yes updates have come out and I have installed all available updates.  I am using the normal text messaging application that came with the phone.  This is not a new problem it's been happening since I got the phone nearly 2 years ago.  It is isolated to those infrequent times that I use group mms messaging and it's always been when there is a non iphone user in the group.  It seems to me that this may be an apple/android incompatibility issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deeshack, thanks for the information. We are not giving up hope. Have we filed a network ticket for you on this issue yet? As I can personally state that when I use my iPhone to send a group text to others with iPhones and non-iPhone, it goes through for me with no issues. This is why I want to file a network engineering ticket so we can look deeper into this for you.

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes