new phone purchased from apple store and fully paid is locked
PawanGoyal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am verizon customer with 4 lines for many years. Recently bought 2 iPhone 11 from apple store and were fully paid using apple credit card. Checked with Verizon customer service and they said that these 2 phones are locked. They say that these 2 phones can not be unlocked now and will automatically unlock after 30 days.

Any idea please why my these 2 phones locked even I bought directly from apple store and paid fully?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
GeneGJ77
Enthusiast - Level 1

hello I have purchased devices from verizon and the sim cards were never locked so I dont want know whats going on

View solution in original post

23 Replies
cathyand80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I buy my devices from Apple store. You have to ask for a unlocked iPhone that you can use with carrier of your choice, people buy unlocked iPhones for this purpose so not to be stuck with a carrier for 2 years locked in a contract. 
My iPad Air that I bought had WiFi and cellular data options which is more $$ but again it gives the consumer the option. 
Apple nor Verizon is to blame! You probably were not well informed about unlocked iphones just as  I was and took me to speak to couple experts that could give me the facts .

PawanGoyal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks very much for reply.

I noticed following:

================

I'm bringing my own device to Verizon; does this impact me?

No, if you bring your own device to use with Verizon service, the device locking policy does not apply.

===============

Is it not similar to bring my own device if I buy from apple store?

0 Likes
PawanGoyal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just talked to Verizon on phone and they mentioned that Verizon did not locked my 2 phones, instead apple did it and provided me apple support number. I called apple using that number and apple told me that they have nothing to do with lock and it is always done by carrier.

0 Likes