not getting the promotion i was promised
WEOYOU58

Back in December, after coming back from study abroad I visited the Piazza Carmel store in San Diego to replace the SIM card and buy a new protector. When the store associate saw my phone, he said I was eligible for a trade in for an Iphone 7.

I declined the offer because I had just gotten the 6 back in November so I didn't need a new phone. He kept convincing me to do so because it was going to be completely FREE--no catch. All I had to do was give him my 6 and pay for the new phone for the first two months for the promotion to kick in. And starting from march I would be credited all the amount I've paid for the past two months and my phone will be completely free. I thought it was fishy but I had no idea that a VERIZON Store associate would scam me (I guess I was too naive).

So i trade in my phone and come home. January and February go by and when March comes my bill seems way too high. I check the details and I was only credited for half of what I paid for in January and February (meaning I was paying half of the iphone 7). I thought it was weird but waited until April cause it could've been a mistake. April bill showed the same thing. I was paying 31.66 for this "free" iphone 7 and the credit was for 16 not 31.66.

I called the store and the store associate that picked up was totally incompetent and told me to talk to the manager. I tried to get a hold of the manager for WEEKS. I called the store at different times every day because every time a store associate picked up he or she said the manager was busy. Yes--everyone is busy but seriously?? I called morning, lunch, afternoon in hopes that I'd catch him once. He finally gave me a call back and told me he'd take care of it.

A month passes by and nothing. For May's bill I paid half for the phone again. I visit the store and talk to James, the store manager, and he says he has to talk to the account manager and then my bill would be corrected so that I can be credited 31.66 each month instead of just 16.

June--no change and no updates from the account manager or James the store manager.

I visited the store again and got the email address of the account manager. I had to email him multiple times before I got in touch with him. I explained all the details and he said he would call me at a later date because he was (guess what) BUSY. but i never received that call.

oh and the store manager lied about the account manager because when I was finally able to talk to him he said he was just the district manager.

So now it's july and i'm waiting to hear back from the account manager STILL.

I talked to verizon directly but they said they can't help because they don't know this promotion that the store associate offered and only the store manager can fix this.

I feel like I've tried everything I can and talked to so many verizon employees about this but no one seems to care or want to resolve this. I've just been getting passed around to other people but resolution has come about.

If anyone had a similar issue and can help me solve this once and for all, it would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes