anyone have the 

IPHONE 4 / 4S DEFENDER SERIES WITH REALTREE® CAMO

I am thinking of getting it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: otterbox defender case, How is it?
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

i have the defender 4s case, though not the camo one  ... works well, but i get sick of the size of it. a lot of people swear by them but since i carry my phone in my pocket, after a day or two i end up using something else, lol ... it depends on how well you need to protect your phone. you can use it in a light rain though it's not a waterproof case since the speakers and mic are left uncovered. i think the case makes it pretty much drop-proof but if it lands on the screen somehow, i think you're going to still be in trouble since there is only a screen protector which isn't all that heavy. 

0 Likes
farocco53
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's good to know.

The only other I heard about is Lifeproof.

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
Do a google search for ultimate protection cases for iPhones. I read an article that lists the top 10 cases for protection. Some were really pricey. I ended up with the defender from amazon.com for $14.95 but like gerelee said it adds a lot of bulk. I put it in the case once I get to work and out at quitting time. I like the protection but in the case it doesn't fit my Sony stereo alarm dock.
0 Likes
GailD

My daughter-in-law's aunt had an Otterbox Defender -- she was a victim of a hit and run while on her motorcycle. Her phone survived without a scratch! (She was hospitalized for weeks).

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
There's a pink and grey one on vzw.com. not sure how good it is.
0 Likes
StephenWhite

I've tried several cases for the iPhone 4S; imo, the best ones (by far) are the 'Seidio' cases.  I carry a lot of stuff in my pockets, so I always carry my phone in a holster, on my belt - I've had a lot of bad experiences with cheap, flimsy holsters, so I was really pleased when I found the Seidio holster!

I'm currently using a protective screen-film plus the Seidio 'Surface' case (the most compact of the three Seidio cases), and it's great - all the cut-outs are very accurate, the case fits perfectly, the case's material is top-quality, and the holster is well made, with a tough, reliable spring-clip.  Seidio makes two other cases: the 'Active' model and their ultra-tough mil-spec 'Convert' model, which is really two cases in one - it's an extra layer of silicone shock-absorber (with dust-seals for all the cut-outs), that goes over a Surface case.

I hope this helps...

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I have had my defender case for about 17 days.  I have to say, this thing is tough and very well built.  It is also heavy and large.  The belt clip seems sturdy and works well.  I did have to order and dock extender from Amazon so that I could use my phone on my iHome.

All in all I am pleased with my purchase and would buy it again given the choice.  I feel completely confident that my phone is protected.

0 Likes