Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
poor audio on IPhone 7 plus
jjohscot12

I am at my wits end!  I purchased an Iphone 7S on October 16, 2017.  Before the 14 days warranty was out, I called to complain that the audio was muffled and the sound went in and out.  Here are the steps that followed as a result:

1.  Told it was my cell phone towers and they sent someone out to check - result towers ok

2.  Told to go into a store and get a new sim card - done

3.  Went to an Apple store in New Jersey - reset phone applied new updates

4.  Called again to tech support - told to go into Apple store and get phone replaced.

5.  Replaced phone

Problem still persists with 2nd phone.  Called Tech support today.  They cannot do anything. Phone under warranty and cannot be replaced for another phone, I am stuck with a $800 phone that doesn't work properly!

Apple has advised me that this phone is  known to have this audio problem, however there was a fix put in a few days ago that would supposedly work.  It hasn't.

I don't know what to do.  I have been a customer for over 15 years, have never had this happen.  I cannot continue to pay for a phone that I cannot use.  I need a working  phone.  What are my options?  Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: poor audio on IPhone 7 plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the detailed description of your experience jjohscot12. All of these details are incredible helpful. We definitely value your continued loyalty after 15 years, and we’d like to earn another 15+. Let’s get started on getting this fixed. So we can better understand what is happening, we’ll have a series of questions to help us. You mentioned this happened after getting your iPhone 7 Plus, when specifically did this issue start? Do any other Verizon users in the same areas have the same experience with their call quality? What zip code are you having trouble at?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LISHAR66

I am experiencing the exact same issue. The caller on the other end cannot hear you, you can hear them but they cannot hear you. Eventually they can hear you after several painstaking minutes. Several of my family members are having this same issue and all of the above mentioned steps were taken and the problem still exist. I have been a Verizon customer since 1990 and have never experienced these problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, LISHAR66. We want to see this resolved for you. What's the make and model of your device? What ZIP Code are you in?

0 Likes
LISHAR66

I have an iPhone 7 Plus.

Lisa

<<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
LISHAR66

My zip code is 23223

Lisa Hart

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, Lisa. We appreciate your loyalty to our company. The iPhone 7 Plus is a great device, and we want you to have a great experience using it. If callers are having trouble hearing you, the first thing you are going to want to check is whether it is a physical problem with the microphone. Check the microphone for visible damage and obstructions, and try placing a test call using a headset. To see whether it is network related, you can toggle HD Calling on or off, and try to place a test call that way. HD Voice uses a different part of our network from normal voice service, so this step can tell you a lot about your connection quality. Finally, you may want to reset your network settings to try and improve your connection to the network: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/. Resetting your network settings will cause you to lose your saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords, but your personal data will not be affected. How long have you been experiencing calls where the caller is unable to hear you? Does it happen everywhere, or in a specific location?

PeterP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LISHAR66

I’ve had the problem for approximately 2-4months now. I’ve reset the phone, I’ve tried the HD voice on and off as well as in different parts of the city and nothing has worked. I’ve used the headset as well as speaker phone and thru the iPhone and the problem still exist. I have several family members and coworkers that are having this same issue. I pay $150 per month for just my single line and this service is horrible. I use my phone for business calls and when I lose the use of my phone it does not reflect well with my customers.

Lisa Hart

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your troubleshooting efforts are greatly appreciated, LISHAR66. I understand that you have tested with HD Voice off and on, and the issue continues.

You also indicate that using a headset or the speaker on the phone does not make a difference either.

Since this issue started about 4 months ago (as per your message) it is imperative to look back and see what changed on your phone when the issue started.

Did the issue start after updating or installing a particular application of software back then?

What is the iOS version installed on your phone?

You indicate that you have done a reset on the phone. Did you do a factory reset via iTunes as per this link (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252)? If not, please do it and test. This works because this procedure will bring your phone back to original settings, as it was when the phone was working correctly. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes