"Grandfathered" Unlimited data
Maitai808

I currently have a 5S and plan to upgrade to 6S. My last 2 upgrades (over approximately the last 4-5 years) was done in a way that grandfathered my old unlimited data plan that is no longer offered. When I went to the Verizon store to inquire, the sales rep said he wasn't sure but he thinks that loophole that allowed me to keep my unlimited data plan was closed.

Anyone know how I can continue my unlimited data plan when I upgrade to 6S? Will purchasing from Apple allow me to keep the grandfathered data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Grandfathered" Unlimited data
Tidbits
Legend

Buying the device outright will always let you keep your data plan. If you do a DPP is when it doesn't. If you are an existing customer using a contract will also remove it. Side upgrade loophole was closed in the sense they lock that line in with a $30 data plan that couldn't be removed for the term of the contract.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Buying the device outright will always let you keep your data plan. If you do a DPP is when it doesn't. If you are an existing customer using a contract will also remove it. Side upgrade loophole was closed in the sense they lock that line in with a $30 data plan that couldn't be removed for the term of the contract.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will have to pay full retail to keep your plan. Apple provides a method that was never available to those of us with unlimited data. You can use their program to make monthly payments on your device if you can't afford to pay full retail up front or don't have a no interest or low interest credit card you're willing to use for it. You will have to qualify with good credit and have a credit card to make your first payment I believe. But it's an option.

0 Likes
Maitai808

Got it. Thank you all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How exciting! Maitai808 it is so much fun to get a new phone. I am happy to assist with you inquiry. I have sent you a private message. I am looking forward to your response.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes